A bit of a silly question about the DM mod

Now, if the train is synced in the DM mod then the sdk could edit the train to do drive-bys.

Isn't that super duper!?

Steering is annoying at that case, however just running over those who get caught running across the railtracks is fun enough.

What would be more funnier is the guy who is in the way of the derailed train.

There would be a new term for that, trainkilled! :lol:

Hi

Will there be a train in MTA:DM?

Thanks

one of the first maps i wanted to make

a multiplayer deathmatch rollercoaster something .. or just a rollercoaster

luckily found out in time there were no trains in race.. :D

are you thinking what i was thinking ? :D

are you thinking what i was thinking ? :D

Yeah, but I don't know if it would work. The train's don't just follow the track, they follow the train code which has nothing to do with the track models.

I don't think a custom map with train tracks would work.

Yeah, but I don't know if it would work. The train's don't just follow the track, they follow the train code which has nothing to do with the track models.

I don't think a custom map with train tracks would work.

Yep making a train map in MTA would be imposible.

Maybe if they make it work without tracks. (runaway train) :shock:

I think as long as the train is confined within the tracks (the MTA team should add a "tracks-snap-to-tracks" addition for the DM map editor; or else they'd become derailed every time a new track is assembled), it should be fine. Because really, the trains only accelerate/decelerate and they go up hills and go down. TBH, I think they'd come to a crash if there were loop-de-loops because too much speed in a twisty environment would cause a derailment. It's not that it wouldn't work theoretically... it's just that the common physics would come into play and derail it. It only makes sense, if it was put into the map editor - to place the tracks on semi-flat ground or else, likewise, it would not work. Plus, there aren't even any objects that can be found in GTA:SA that suits the loop-de-loops so it too would be impossible.

Train sounds fun but whats more boring to drive that a train. :?

I don't think the MTA team will go as far as making a way to make tracks in the editor.Just making the real train work should be good.

BTW: Loop-De-Loop with a train? That shounds.......... Fun :D ......Strange :? .......imposible :roll: ........lethal :twisted: .....and just wrong :o then you hear it for the first time.

aren't even any objects that can be found in GTA:SA that suits the loop-de-loops so it too would be impossible.

Get a straight train track and copy n' paste about 20 time, tile those train tracks and bingo, you have a loop-de-loop. The hard part is if the train model could handle 20 track changes with-in a second. Another problem is if the train could handle such a stunt.

You know what's a another silly suggestion? Hot coffee for MTA :P

aren't even any objects that can be found in GTA:SA that suits the loop-de-loops so it too would be impossible.

Get a straight train track and copy n' paste about 20 time, tile those train tracks and bingo, you have a loop-de-loop. The hard part is if the train model could handle 20 track changes with-in a second. Another problem is if the train could handle such a stunt.

When I say loop-de-loop - I mean an upside down track. Realistically, if you put the tracks together and if it connects, it will be in the shape of a polygon. The train will become derailed after one track is connected, due to the track not being rounded and because the track won't be perfectly connected.