Will MTA work even if ive modded the hell outta my gta?

Guest alpha_monkey

but if ive changed the suspensions and top speeds, will the cars handle differently for me??? what if i was racing someone? Would my car still be faster???

Unfortunately this is just one of the many ways you can cheat with a bit of modding, at the moment. :(

I'd suggest some kind of CRC check on the handling.cfg to ensure everyone playing has the original file. Anyone who doesn't, can't play!

There's probably ways round it, but it will prevent a lot of casual cheating and should work for other files that could be altered to give an advantage, eg fistfite.dat and weapon.dat.

the teams top priority is building a stable release which works with 99.9% of the users

Understood, I'd suggest you make a note of any potential cheats as they arise though, so you can deal with them when you're happy with the stability and other issues.

Unless MTA team has something screwy in the netcodes, all of your mods will be shared by all clients if you are serveing. But (same scenario) if you are the client, your data will be incompatable, and if it is not, I told IJSVogel that I would write a patch to keep incompatible data out.

I'm sure I saw a post where one of the devs explained that the 900 health is a work around problems with the death animation.

You don't have to take 900 for the player to die, they actually die at 800, so in effect they have 100 health.

Shooting people for ages and them not dying is a sure sign of disconection/bugs.