MTA has screwed up my game. I cannot open MTA or SP

Guest tehsocks

So I had san andreas 1.00 installed playing it. Happy and far into my game. I installed your MTA: SA. And now The MTA is not working and my single player is not working.

I dont care so much about the MTA. But i want my single player. When i click my icon. i get an hourglass for 1 second. Then its like i never clicked the icon. The same thing happens after the little logo. when starting MTA.

I could not be more worried at the verysecond. I have uninstalled both MTA and SA and reinstalled SA and NOT MTA!!! SA still doesnt work. How cna i get my SA to work?

Thanks,

Socks

Backup your GTA San Andreas User Files in My Documents, and then delete gta_sa.set in that directory. When GTA:SA starts, it will recreate that. I sometimes find that SA screws up the settings file, and then crashes on startup. Just make sure you backup so you don't lose any savegames and such!

I suggest you follow these steps:

1. Uninstall GTA:SA

2. Backup your save files in your GTA San Andreas User Files, and User Tracks.

3. Delete this folder.

4. Delete the folder "GTA San Andreas" under "Rockstar Games" in "Program Files" .

5. Restart your computer.

6. Install SA.

7. Run SA WITHOUT your old User Files.

8. If that works, then you must of had a corrupted file in the SA folder. Now you may put back your save game and User Tracks directory as they were, yes, dont be afraid to overwrite.

9.. If it suddenly doesnt work after that, dont use your save file.

Hope it helps.