Dinghy falls 3 (ABORTED)

Lággy

Hi

A lot of people love dinghy falls 1 and 2. So I thought, why not make 3? So I am. But first... I need that damn object limit to piss off because I want something BIG! Really BIG!

Anybody got a solution to the object limit problem?

I don't want to be limited from the object limit like on dinghy falls 1

Edited by Guest

DF3 .. niiiiiiiice ...

no

but since the object limit goes per 600 square meter (? orsome ?) , you could start realllllly high and do what your good at :P and make a few narrow, V shaped (thus not much objects for it) but loooong (1200meter at least) passages (so most objects are out of mem)

i hope

Edited by Guest
but since the object limit goes per 400 square meter (? orsome ?) , you could make a few narrow but loooong (800meter at least) passages , and start realllllly high :P

Tryed that. It's not good to have a bit of sliding and then a 600 unit road seperating each end of the map. (people are pickey and don't like long roads)

All I want to make DF3 is a hacked exe or something like that so I can put as many objects as I want.

It's not a hard thing to ask...

Tryed that. It's not good to have a bit of sliding and then a 600 unit road seperating each end of the map. (people are pickey and don't like long roads)

well uh

i was thinking bout a lot of sliding , seperator , a lot of sliding , seperator , a lot of sliding , seperator , a lot of sliding , ....... (well you said big ;P )

well off course the seperator doesnt have to be boring straight , you could flip the seperator for a bit of nice view (and the huh wtf effect :P ) and/or whatever wavy style you like :P

there are nice 200meter slabs of mountain scenery

a flipped road ( so a \..\/../ shape )

add a few trees .. and the odd house

great wtf effect , something to see , not much objects

maybe a idea ?

i figured you wouldnt find it the best workaround . see what you mean .. but i think it can be done without boring people to death :D

i was thinking bout a lot of sliding , seperator , a lot of sliding , seperator , a lot of sliding , seperator , a lot of sliding , ....... (well you said big ;P )

well off course the seperator doesnt have to be boring straight , you could flip the seperator for a bit of nice view (and the huh wtf effect :P ) and/or whatever wavy style you like :P

i figured you wouldnt find it the best workaround . see what you mean .. but i think it can be done without boring people to death :D

*beeep* Wrong!

At the last bit of dinghy falls 2 I had to use a long slide to advoid the crappy pointer pool limit. People didn't like that.

In dinghy falls 3, I want it like the first one, all objects to be the half pipe. Now, in order to have it longer MTA needs a bigger pointer pool limit. So, I'm kinda stuck. I'm already doing the beginning so it won't take long until I'm stuck.

*beeep* Wrong!

At the last bit of dinghy falls 2 I had to use a long slide to advoid the crappy pointer pool limit. People didn't like that.

I didnt even notice .. so not every one doesnt like it

id say .. f* them that hate it for something out of your reach :)

I didnt even notice .. so not every one doesnt like it

id say .. f* them that hate it for something out of your reach :)

I did find it a bit boring. This time, I'm going to make it MORE fun with 2 LANES (OMFG!1) for multi-player action and MAYBE a few criscrosses.

Only time can tell...

A small update.

Been planning DF3 and some of the stunts. For the start, it will be like a Y where 2 lanes go into one lane. Maybe I'll have more then 2 lanes, maybe 4. Anyway, I'm planning on starting later this week after I do Rocky Pass.

Btw, you think I should post pics?

Btw, you think I should post pics?

It is quite helpful if you do so.

Some players like myself for example dont have the time to play the maps due to real life shedules. Seeing updates and pictures can give us some idea of what we can be up against when we do manage to sit down and play.

Also seeing current development is also interesting.

It is quite helpful if you do so...

...Also seeing current development is also interesting.

In that case I will post some pics.

Another question, should I copy the starting rig from DF2 and use it in DF3 or should I do a new starting thingy all together?

Seeing a whole new map being created will make your series of DF more fascinating.

Ok, thanks for the tip.

I'm doing nothing for the next few hours so I'm going to start DF3. With DF3, I'm going to be aimming at speed and jumps insted of boring stuff.

do i sense a bit of sarcasme in the last comment , Laggy ?

nah , oh soz .. my bad

though youd have to admit , its not a bad job what the team does

my guess is they have to reverse engineer everything .. its hard enough to write a multiplayer game , let alone rewrite a single player game to be multiplayer

but ontopic ..

nice entrance .. just one thing .. the center starting people have a bit of advantage ..

do i sense a bit of sarcasme in the last comment , Laggy

No, but I admit I was kinda in a bad mood. :oops:

Thanks for this Laggy! =]

NP, I just hope I get it done in time.

Oh wait dinghy falls?

I though it was a bike map my bad. :oops:

Doesn't look like it yet...

the center starting people have a bit of advantage

I'll fix that after I do a few BETA's.

Very nice I like DF. :)

Glad you like the DF maps.

Ok, I've got the concept in my head now. I got 4 hours spare to do DF3 and other stuff.

Thanks for reading this.

I've done a lot, about 30%. I've done a super slide with a 90* flip at the end of the slide (see below). What I got to do now is add 2 lanes for multi-player action and a few jumps.

mtascreen00021oh.jpg

Then again, you can't control the boat so it's a bit like a screen saver race :P You should not be reading this...

maybe some ideas to make:

a giant looping or a screw, an giant jump and something weird, something like going upwards instead of downwards to confuse people =D

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Something like a corkscrew or banked corners. Anyway, thanks for thoes ideas. I'll put in a loop, a banked corner and (maybe) a corkscrew into the map.

The "ALL UR DINGHY'S BELONG 2 US" update!

To be honest, I've been playing a lot of SA-MP. Today, I got some time to do DF3 and I made something that a lot of people would like. It's kinda like the banked loop I had in DF2. I think pictures show 1000 words so I uploaded 2 pics.

I call it... The surf road

Pic 1

Pic 2

Sry for the lack of updates and PLEASE forgive me for playing SA-MP :P