I'm a newb T.T

Guest Hotterfy

Ok at first im saying that i am german and the "wiki" is very hard to understand for me :oops:

The problems are xD :

Is the Port correct? 22003??

Why i cannot see my server in the server list???

The "MTA Remote Admin" i know my host but what is my password and what is my username where can i make them?

is that correct?

dingens0ek.jpg

maybe i have some more questions about it but plz answer them ;)

Do you have a home server?

Yes the port is correct.

You can change the server settings in the "mta server.cfg"-mta sa/mods/race/mta server.cfg.

EDIT: remo Admin is not enabled on your server, you can enable it in the mta server.cfg;)

Sry im a bit confused

in HOST comes:

1.The Server Name??

2. this: p50835BC0.dip.t-dialin.net ??

in PORT comes:

1. 22003???

in Pass comes:

1.The passwort if one is enabled?

• 1 month later...
Forward port 22003 UDP for MTA:SA and 22126 UDP for ASE. Port 44003 UDP is for remote admin.

ASE (All-Seeing Eye) shows your server in the server browser.

If you don't know how to forward the right ports, go to portforward.com, there is explained how to forward ports.

Simply select there your router.

well previously my pc was directly to the internet, it had the external ip address (start -> run -> cmd -> ipconfig /all -> look in list), people could join my server fine :). now we have a wanadoo livebox and a routher connected like:

----------------------

people (friends tried) cannot join my server now. do i have to forward the ports in both the livebox and the router in order to let friends join my server?

I don't know how the Livebox works, but if it gives the option of forwarding ports in it, then yes, do that too as well as the router.

yes it does, if you look in the list (postforwarding.com), i only hope it works the same as in the list on portforwarding.com, cause the interface of my livebox is totally different.

Yeah, they use the same screenshots for a lot of the different guides on that website, so don't worry if yours looks different. Your IP might also have changed, so make sure you're still giving the right one to your friends.

the pc i want to run the server on has a dynamic ip addres (192.168.1.xxx) do i have to make it static for port forwarding?

xxx is always between 100 and 105 (we do not have that much devices) could i just do it with all five? and let the ip addres being dynamic?

You'd be better off making it static. You can either set up static DHCP on your router using your server's MAC address, or you can just configure the server to use a static IP in the network connection properties.

You'd be better off making it static. You can either set up static DHCP on your router using your server's MAC address, or you can just configure the server to use a static IP in the network connection properties.

i've a dedicated server, but ill make my IP static then. thanks.