MTA:SA Sound Issue

Guest Spikey

Hello there,

I am having some sound issues with Multi Theft Auto San Andreas.

Ever since I installed this modification, I have been having sound issues from day one.

It seems that I am having trouble hearing my own Vehicles Engine and Horn/Siren.

But the weird thing about this is, When other online users are right next to me in a vehicle, I can hear their vehicles engine at full blast and I am able to hear their Horn and Siren at full blast too.

I have noted that this issue occurs on FM801 PCI slot sound cards and it occurs on a On-Board sound drivers called Realtek AC97 audio.

All the sound options on GTA - San Andreas have been turned up to full.

On the game, I do not get any advanced options to change what type of digital sound hearing like EAX etc.

If there's anyway to fix this issue, please reply back as soon as possible.

Thanks for the help!

I receive this too on a map called "Get Off My Roof". This only happens when there are several players on at one time. The map is closed-concept overtop of water. My guess is that all of the noise exceeds the number of sound channels on the soundcard, so it turns to silence; it eventually comes back after some time.

PS - I have the Creative Audigy2 ZS.

Could you be more specific about this "Lowering sound Acceleration to basic".

It would be handy if you could point out some instructions on how to do this task.

I have noted that this issue occurs on FM801 PCI slot sound cards and it occurs on a On-Board sound drivers called Realtek AC97 audio.

I might get you wrong, but do you say you have both a pci soundcard and onboard audio enabled? you should switch onboard off if you have a sound card, in the bios. otherwise, you can try to update your sound drivers, check this site for the onboard drivers http://www.realtek.com.tw/
Could you be more specific about this "Lowering sound Acceleration to basic".

It would be handy if you could point out some instructions on how to do this task.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Sound and Sounce Devices Properties > Advanced > Performance, and lower hardware acceleration.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Sound and Sounce Devices Properties > Advanced > Performance, and lower hardware acceleration.

Sorry but my sound properties does not have these options.

No im not running 2 sound drivers at the same time.

My On-board sound is broken, so I bought the FM801 PCI slot Audio card for sound.

GTA itself has problems with some sound cards(like my onboard Realtek AC97). The patch fixes this but since MTa doesn't work with the patch.....

Maybe when you installed MTA it triggered some bug in the game and thats why you have that problem(i get mine when we race in a heavy storm).

I cannot get the latest updated drivers for the FM801 PCI Sound card. This sound card is a old one and there is no up-to-date drivers for it.

The drivers that are currently installed are dated at 08/11/1999.

This clearly tells me that I am going to have to buy a new sound card for my computer with up-to-date drivers.

• 3 weeks later...

i have this too how do u set surround sound to 2 speakers in mta? i dont see the option please help this happens to me 90% of the time its so annoying!!!

Ok this issue has become a problem and I have found the solution.

This post will Help you fix the sound issue with MTA or any other Multi Player GTA modification.

First of all, click Start > Control Panel.

When in control panel, at the left side of the box, click "Switch to Classic Mode" as shown in the picture below.

controlpanel20pj.jpg

Double click "Sound and Audio Devices".

Click the Advance button at the bottom of the window.

Picture below shows which button to press highlighted in Red.

sound3qo.jpg

In the next window, click the Drop down menu at the bottom.

Select "Desktop Speakers" as shown in the picture below.

speaker4gy.jpg

Once you have done this, click Apply and OK to close the box down and click Apply and OK on the previous box to close that down to.

Once you have done this, you should hear the vehicles engines perfectly clear and at the same volume as your Radio is.

The low volume for vehicles is caused by GTA-SA its self. When the game was designed, it was designed with Surround sounds. The vehicle noises were concentrated at the back speakers to give it a realistic feel. If you have a Standard 2 Speaker Desktop, then it makes it quite difficult for the desktop speakers to acknoldge the back speakers.

Please be aware, people with medium or low graded computers may expirance their sound jumping alot. Keep playing the game for at least 10 minutes and your sound should stop jumping.