[HELP] Object with chrome effect

robur

• Administrators

Hello,

Section #7 on https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/118473-knowledgebase-modding-faq-and-help-thread/ explains how to unwrap models for the 2nd UV channel. The 2nd UV channel is used for environment maps (reflections). For your case, I'd imagine working with UVW Map or UVW Unwrap modifier and enabling Cyllinder projection mode would get you the results you're looking for.

The envmap texture can be any texture, but is usually the vehicleenvmap image from vehicles.txd found in GTA SA installlation\models\generic\

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tut said:

Hello,

Section #7 on https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/118473-knowledgebase-modding-faq-and-help-thread/ explains how to unwrap models for the 2nd UV channel. The 2nd UV channel is used for environment maps (reflections). For your case, I'd imagine working with UVW Map or UVW Unwrap modifier and enabling Cyllinder projection mode would get you the results you're looking for.

The envmap texture can be any texture, but is usually the vehicleenvmap image from vehicles.txd found in GTA SA installlation\models\generic\

Is there any video tutorial somewhere? Or a screenshot of how to do it? My subject only gets bright

• Administrators

Click to view the spoiler under tag #7.

If using Kam's script this is how it's done. 1 is the diffuse map and 2 is the reflection map. When you add an Unwrap UVW or UVW Map modifier to unwrap the texture, you will be able to specify Map channel 2. You need to do this, as chrome/environment maps are always using UV channel 2.

pdeGQGg.png

• Thanks 1