People going faster then you? Still need help?

Well, we all know that some people go slower then others, we also know that some people just do not know how to fix it. You guys already know that 99% of the time, the reason people will blow by you is because your fps is below the capped 25fps.

Step 1: download FRAPS(http://www.fraps.com/)

This will record your fps(frames per second) and display them at the top left by default.

Step 2: run FRAPS and then open up MTA:SA

Step 3: Load into your server of choice(Atleast a server with 3 people so when you start you can get an average measurement)

Step 4: At the countdown look at your FPS display, this will be the lowest you will see as you are viewing the most cars at the start of a race.

Step 5: Race as you would but keep an eye on your FPS counter.

At average speed it should be 25(if it is below 25 then your car is slower then it could be)

Once you hit high speed(when you get that lightspeed effect) it will drop to about 22 fps(please correct me if this is off)

Step 6: Anyalize. Did your game run slower then described in step 5?(FPS)

Step 7: if it did not run slower skip the rest, if it did do as follows: Enter GTA:SA singleplayer and set your details to the lowest you would dare put them without ruining your game experience.

Step 8: re-run steps 1-5 and determine if you are up to speed.

Step 9: if your game is still runing to slow(people still blowing by you) it is time to upgrade that computer!

Step 10: Post any specs on your PC you know. I know some do not have knowledge of what is really in there machine, if this is you try to give any detail you know!(Brand, Model number, etc...)

Along with the post of your specs, please address how much you are willing to spend. Also post if you are willing to use online sites to buy items.(newegg.com, tigerdirect.com, etc...)

Step 11: Leave any other comments or details of what you hope to have when this process is completed.(I.E. game detail level)

I hope this has not been posted before, I did a search and did not find anything like this. I am doing this because I hat to see people in the back going 50mph slower then others, its not fair and some do not know what to do to fix it(in the cheapest way possible!)

When helping sum1 who has posted specs, etc. Please state the name of the person you are helping(to avoid confusion).

Was this a good idea, sorry to waste your time if this was a bad idea, Just tryin to help! :D

Once you hit high speed(when you get that lightspeed effect) it will drop to about 22 fps(please correct me if this is off)

More graphical stuff, you have to reconfigure your graphic settings yourself ;) becouse the framelimiter is set on 25 and wont change during races, so that means you get framedrop when you get the speed effect.

another tip I'll add, look at the ground in really crowded area's to prevent framedrop, ofcourse it is hard in the middle of the race, but it really makes some difference at the start. (in most cases a straight line)

Change you'r gforce setting for performance for quality.

here's how you do this:

1. Right click on the desktop and open the NVIDIA Display. (you should see you'r monitor model in it)

2. Performance and quality setting's and set them to best performance.

3. If you have any questions right click on what you don't understand and click "what's this".

This should help.

I am getting the 'lag' problem.. FPS is below 25 and when i changed the graphics to lower than it already was, it is still the same!

The performance of the game is exactly how it was on my old PC..

my specs:

AMD Athlon™ 64 bit Processor 3000+ (2.01ghz)

1GB of Ram

K8NF4G - SATA 2 (NVIDIA nForce 4 Chipset Motherboard)

NVIDIA GeForce 6100 (256mb)

I would aprechiate if people can help me and ill awnser back any questions!

thanks

I just changed resolution to 800x600, but the fps is still lower than 10!

May i ask what is AA and AF and how to turn them off?

I did search something earlier and saw something about it but forgot what i searched

How many cars do you see on screen when you get such low fps?

To turn off AA go into GTA:SA Options, Display Settings, set AA to Off. Then make sure it's off in nVidia control panel (Right click desktop, Properties, Settings, Advanced, 6100 GT, Performance and Quality Settings).

You have a pretty weak video card so don't be surprized if that doesn't help.

I see most cars, it's just sometimes the textures/buildings/roads etc take a few seconds to show

And i doubt my video card is 'weak'

I know someone who has 'weaker' video card than me and he gets 25-30 fps

I changed the settings to what he told me but still no difference

and even on my old pc

amd athlon 2200+

256mb ram

NVIDIA Geforce mx440 (64mb) - that is a WEAK gfx card

the performence is the same..

I'm currently backing up all my stuff then i am going to format..

I think this may be the problem that when i got the new comp, i didnt format the hard-drive, meaning i put the hard-drive from my old comp in the new so it may have some of the old comp settings on it

I see most cars, it's just sometimes the textures/buildings/roads etc take a few seconds to show

How Many? Even on good PC's there will almost certainly be a large framedrop if there are 25 cars on the screen at one time.

What is your framerate when you see only a couple of cars, as opposed to when you see a lot?

Try shutting down as many background processes as possible (including explorer.exe, then launch mta using "new task".)

or try omega video drivers.

i do

but ill try those drivers

Try shutting down as many background processes as possible (including explorer.exe, then launch mta using "new task".)

or try omega video drivers.

BTW where you get those

drivers