auto aim

probably not... it's a little lame don't you think, and it's allso a lot more of sync work. unnessesary if you ask me

It's not any more 'sync work' atall, the lock-on moves your camera just as you do when manually aiming.. but i do agree, it would be a stupid thing to include in multiplayer.

i dont think its lame at all, if u think psp and mutiplayer gta:lcs trough wifi i reckon i will rock cos most ppl nowday's use duel anologe pads or usb 2 xbox or ps2 or even gc, look it will be hell lot better to implemet autolock on feat for at least thos with gamepads.for gta:sa it was ment to use pads after all it was first relesd on the ps2 for godsake and i bet most of the poulation of MTA users use a pad its just not real if u use mose and keybord,at least let the gta pros ps2 style have a shot for once

Yes, I have a gamepad, but I only use it when in a vehicle. On foot, it's all about the kb/mouse, as any PC gamer can and will tell you.

Any other game and this wouldn't even be a question. Auto-aim in multiplayer games is generally considered cheating.

It's a PC game. Unlike the PS2 version, you have the tools to aim properly. Use them.

yes i know its pc but unlike the ps2 it also got what we all love MTA,it's a online or soon to be deathmatch, i think using m/keyb is alright for FPS games like COD or UT BUT SAN ANDRAS? com'on its a bit extreme to use kb/ mouse isent it? i know its considerd as cheatng in fps games, but this could break a boundry in pc games. more prof gamers wold like to do a litte better tha ppl branding them as n00bs all the time, i myself have bin called that alot of times in mta:vc,but i would love 2 kick some pc pros ass. look i neva had a pc till last year and cant get to grips with the keyb and mouse thing. it would be better than so called n00bs running around doing $hit all. u pro pc gamers would have at least a decent battle on ur hands wont ya? sirously i bet me a a lode of others feel the same way. and aswel ur pros so what do u care if its added even wit autoaim u would still prob kick our ass but at least u would av a great battle. i love mta but dont u think its unfair every 2 seconds ur dead what kinda mp is that?

btw thanx for taking ur time to read this essay like post lol

dont u think its unfair every 2 seconds ur dead what kinda mp is that?

what kind of mp would it be when the person with the highest score is the one with the least skill?

Auto-aim is pretty inaccurate by design anyway. If spray and pray is all you can manage as it is, you won't get killed any less then, I don't think.

There would be no battle with auto-aim..all you do is lock on and fire. That takes no skill what-so-ever

Also, prey to god they are too far away and the weapon they use has horrid accuracy, which basically means none of them...maybe the deagle... :P

but yeah, I'm playing GTA Rumble for my DM needs for now, it's not hacker infested, they do have an anticheat thing, but some peeps can get by it, so I just hang around in my friend's server, where we just run around and roleplay...while having a noob with a hydra firing rockets at us in a banshee... :P :rolleyes: The only thing I would really like is that if some people are on dialup, they don't jump around while you try to shoot them (Any pings over 150 in rumble cause warping effects while on foot to everyone else--my 2 cents)

I liked VC's aiming system, no need to right click, only for sniper rifles.

What good would auto-aim be for?

MTA (with auto-aim) chat log:

Hypola: I c u laggy!1!!

* Laggy was killed by player (duel Tec-9)

Laggy: u had auto-aim!

Hypola: OMG! I pwned y00 laggs!

Laggy: fuck this, MTA sucks with auto-aim!

* Laggy has disconnected (timed-out)

Hypola: PWNED!

HANDS DOWN. MTA would really suck with auto-aim and it should never be suggested again.

Auto aim is for consoles which don't have the granularity of control that the PC's mouse offers. As such, its not needed in MTA.

I wholeheartedly agree about this statement. :)

pft, how could you play any PC game with a controller, the only time i use gamepads is for Emulation programs! I mean jeez is the mouse that damn hard to handle? The only reason i can think of for not being able to use a mouse properly is a physical disablitiy. I laugh at any idiot using a gamepad in a PC game, i mean its just POINTLESS

more prof gamers wold like to do a litte better tha ppl branding them as n00bs all the time, i myself have bin called that alot of times in mta:vc,but i would love 2 kick some pc pros ass.

Id rather not Run around someone thats standing still until they run out of ammo, thats just lame and easy. the only thing its helping you with is making your death take longer. I would brand anyone that uses a controller a n00b, not because of their lack of skill.

pft, how could you play any PC game with a controller, the only time i use gamepads is for Emulation programs! I mean jeez is the mouse that damn hard to handle? The only reason i can think of for not being able to use a mouse properly is a physical disablitiy. I laugh at any idiot using a gamepad in a PC game, i mean its just POINTLESS
more prof gamers wold like to do a litte better tha ppl branding them as n00bs all the time, i myself have bin called that alot of times in mta:vc,but i would love 2 kick some pc pros ass.

Id rather not Run around someone thats standing still until they run out of ammo, thats just lame and easy. the only thing its helping you with is making your death take longer. I would brand anyone that uses a controller a n00b, not because of their lack of skill.

So if I prefer to use a controller for a game like this, regardless of the fact I use a KB/M for other games, that labels me a noob? Please, get over yourself.

Some people prefer to use a gamepad, especially for a game like this, simply because they don't like to be fumbling around a rather WIDE keyboard to use the buttons they need. It's a matter of comfort for most people, which I'm going to wager some of you wouldn't accept as a logical response because it's still *generic insult.*

It's rather hilarious to see the number of people in this thread trying to pseudo-bash others for their preference for a certain method of input.

:roll:

Let me also apologize, since I like to use a gamepad for GTA my opinion is obviously going to be attacked and essentially nullified since all insults thus far quite obviously apply to anyone who likes to use a gamepad.

Bash away.....