Server randomly kicks ppl from mine and mates server

Most of the time i play with mate and he hosts it on his comp. We patched to 1..1..1 and this is supose to fix the issue but it doesnt. The server kicks me, him others off now and again and is very annoying.

Please can you take out the server kicking ppl feature as lets say for instance im on a 255 point map, im 1st im about 200th cp, the server kicks me, i rejoin and back at start and this is highly annoying.

Alot of the times as well, the server will loose connection to host resulting in you "thinking" ur still playing but aint, u can drive and all that but ur no longer able to chat with others and no longer in the race. This happens frequently. While the other problem above is more annoying as it kicks u for not responding or whatever reason.

Please fix these problems. Thanks.

Alot of the times as well, the server will loose connection to host resulting in you "thinking" ur still playing but aint, u can drive and all that but ur no longer able to chat with others and no longer in the race. This happens frequently. While the other problem above is more annoying as it kicks u for not responding or whatever reason.

This happens to me too, since i patched to 1.1....

Why does the server kick you? Cheating? If yes, disable Anticheat in mtaserver.conf (mods>race)

# AntiCheatEnabled
# Required: No (defaults to 1)
# Purpose: Defines whether anticheat is enabled or not.
#          Format - AntiCheatEnabled <1/0>
AntiCheatEnabled 0

This happens to me too, since i patched to 1.1....

Why does the server kick you? Cheating? If yes, disable Anticheat in mtaserver.conf (mods>race)

# AntiCheatEnabled
# Required: No (defaults to 1)
# Purpose: Defines whether anticheat is enabled or not.
#          Format - AntiCheatEnabled <1/0>
AntiCheatEnabled 0

No it says client not responding.

Im getting kicked out of my own server since 1.1, 1.1.1 didnt fix it.

• 1 month later...

I run a small LAN server with 8 people on it and it randomly kicks people saying they have timed out even though they were playing perfectly fine and there were no network problems.

Is this a known issue?

There doesn't appear to be any set time when it does it nor does it pick the same people.

We've fixed this in the upcoming deathmatch mod, we will likely back-port the fix to race once it is out. The issue was in our network layer (that we didn't write).

I would not advise disabling anti-cheat unless you really trust your players. Anti-cheat will not make players time out and as far as I'm aware doesn't have any false-positives.

i cannot say wether it produces false positives, because i dont know what the anti-cheat checks. however, my roomate and i get kicked for cheating regulalrly (on our own server) with anti-cheat enabled, and we have never hacked MTA. We both have a coupla san andreas mods installed, though (speedometer) so it is possible this causes it, can you tell me if this might be so?

thanks, i know it sucks answering the same questions over and over again. I have been lost in the forums here on and off for days and hadnt seen that answer yet, i know, i should of searched better, but i got distracted playing MTA :)

• 2 months later...

I have something like this especially ever since I got AMD Athlon 64bit 4000+ with 1 gig ram to run this.

But it's a differant problem as no one can join server again once it happens.

When I once joined my own server it kicked me immediately for client not responding. When it does crash will kick everyone off like so in log at bottom.

But that's not the bad part.

The bad part is I couldn't use my internet for 1 week untill I found out I was being dos attacked by my own server and found that when it crashed it was sending allot of junk packets or so to my ip address and the only way I could get net again was to close mta server as it was dos attacking my other connection a player me that had joined my server and I am 100% that is what happened. My isp didn't know what it was.

So one question is does it do that when it crashes like below and dos everyone that was connected at the time. Or only sometimes.

It's to risky now for me to even run this server untill it's fixed as this could cause a massive problem for other players.

Cause it totally rendered my net usless untill I had another admin terminate the mta server process.

And my downstream was maxed out everytime I turned on my router cause of the dos and couldn't connect to anything major packet loss. And if it does do this on everyone it kicks then that's very bad for all those people that would be on the server at the time. It's done this quite allot this crash only to find out what it is really doing!

I understand you don't have a 64 bit machine to test this on and never have like Oli told me but if there is a way I could help resolve this prob let me know as it happens almost all the time this bug.

Some of log details

[18:26:28] MAPS: Started map 'Death Rally'

[18:26:52] KICK: Tranchant (81.53.139.143) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:26:55] KICK: jahman (88.113.0.148) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:26:56] KICK: TONY_ALMEIDA (84.66.176.153) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:26:57] KICK: chF|GER| (84.173.95.106) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:26:59] KICK: knife (82.152.194.88) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:27:04] KICK: Player (213.141.159.252) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:27:08] KICK: :-)[eu] (84.9.88.176) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:27:10] KICK: Agathon_Hax (83.233.136.116) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:27:10] KICK: uncle_cracker (82.31.37.3) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:27:10] KICK: Kev007 (84.183.175.170) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:27:11] KICK: Vic_Vapo_Rub (201.138.108.95) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:27:13] KICK: Juice[DK] (83.72.26.151) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:27:14] KICK: Chico (213.112.169.159) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:27:14] KICK: Player(ro) (81.18.75.123) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:27:15] KICK: CopKiller(fr) (83.112.249.73) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:27:21] KICK: WIDDY (82.39.21.17) was kicked (client not responding)

[18:37:33] MAPS: Race "Death Rally" has finished.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just started a test server is now back up surprised no one has replyed yet.

As it's duel core. Have set server to allways start up on 1 CPU with affinity.

This may fix the problem.