Time Bans Appeals

Allerek

We should allow Time-Bans appeal if they are longer than 2 days.
Currently got banned for 10 days, completely by accident(i have few things on mind, why could it be that but thats not a case)
10 days for people actively working in MTA is a lot of time and no way to appeal from them is pain in the ass.

Also, AC should be updated to give time-bans depending on few factors:
-Time since last time-ban

-Was last time-ban a huge deal?

-Was ever Global-Banned(permament ban that was removed)

Current system isnt very fair, also - things as Process Hacker should show up a warning first, as some people(like me) are using it as a task manager(it even have option when installing to replace task manager with Process Hacker), and than can cause ban(TRAINER reason) if they have it opened in background(as in my case i guess, but cant be sure).

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Yesterday you got the source code of a hackdriver (used in gamehacks for read/write memory) and manually built it.

Today, you started up the hackdriver and launched MTA, causing the hackdriver to be running while MTA was opened. This caused you to be banned. It's obvious why this is a violation.

Most people that get banned for building their own hacking :~ would say "yeah but I wanted to cheat in a different game, not MTA, this was by accident" but that doesn't hold, because hackdrivers like this (if not detected) can pose a security threat to any game. Therefore, AC has no way to know whether or not you were actually testing if this hackdriver works with MTA. Furthermore, such testing is often carried out under the flag of another game title, so that they can dodge responsibility if it doesn't work, but that if it does work, they can just change some code to make it target MTA instead. Then still, they often just change the game process to target while upholding the rest of titling to try and keep up the illusion it still targets that other game.

First of all @Allerek, don't be a gamecheater, no matter in which game; no one like cheaters.

Second of all, now you can understand why MTA doesn't distinguish such activities and treats it to the category of offense. Your activities are broadly part of cheat development, and these tactics I just described have in the past been employed by various cheat devs that target MTA. That, again, is why AC cannot treat you any differently.

So now.. you got frustrated over a ban. This was a result of your own actions. However, because you got frustrated, you made a suggestion to change the global bans policy on the basis of it being A) injust or B) too long. Neither of these cases apply, for A) i explained why AC is forced to issue bans to scenario's like this and B) has been cleared up by explaining why this category is of a more severe one (carrying bans with durations such as this).

Therefore, you are now making a suggestion for issues that don't exist. The current banning system is sufficient, and as you can see once again (here) every specific ban duration has a motivation. It's not like our system can revolve around you (and your frustrations). Suggestion denied

Because of the faith in you we believe you can fully understand this, so ban has been reduced (by exception) to 1 day @Allerek - only you know your true intentions with your game cheat development activities, so just don't repeat such activities in the future and you should be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
32 minutes ago, Dutchman101 said:

First of all @Allerek, don't be a gamecheater, no matter in which game; no one like cheaters.

First of all, thanks for reducing my ban to 1 day, anyway - cheating isnt always a bad thing, in some cases - like CS:GO, we run a community that does a thing called HvH, wont lie - some of bad guys are trying to cheat against a legit players, but most of us just settle down on servers dedicated for cheating, we do not extend our activity against normal players, because that would be unfair, and not giving fun to any of us(theres no fun to win against innocent players, is there?).

Anyway, my own feelings(that can differ from yours, and other people in AC Team, thats a normal thing in community) just says that AC should have one rule:
"Instead of making sure all cheaters are banned, make sure all bans are correct".
As this case of ban is correct, even if it was my mistake, the AC worked fine, i think we should just merge more factors to depend on time bans, even tho they are lowest level penalty, we should make sure that all of them are solved individually at every accident, as like me, and @CrosRoad95stated, some bans are just a factor of a small mistake that can ruin your day.

And, the main thread:
I think we should still allow appeals from 2 days+ bans.

Edited by Allerek
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
16 minutes ago, Allerek said:

Anyway, my own feelings(that can differ from yours, and other people in AC Team, thats a normal thing in community) just says that AC should have one rule:
"Instead of making sure all cheaters are banned, make sure all bans are correct".

This would only hold if you can bring forward any cases where bans aren't correct, actually where they are structurally incorrect. You haven't brought them forward, and this system works for us, and as a result of it working, we aren't encountering any incorrect bans.

Therefore, your suggestion still has no feet in the ground. Never fix what isn't broken. You got personally annoyed, and this caused you to speculate (imply) that there are problems with our current tempbans system.

16 minutes ago, Allerek said:

I think we should still allow appeals from 2 days+ bans.

There are good reasons why we don't allow appealing for tempbans. Besides, cases like yours shouldn't be appealable (for the reasons i described in my first post) and that also applies to any other category of violations/activities that is severe enough to result in an extended period of tempban.

I don't want to get into technicalities here, but tempbans happen when someone has done something (it's predefined and automatic) and therefore we aren't willing to argue it out with them. The banned user knows what they have done and we can only let that be a warning for the next time & be clear that we won't make exceptions (hence not handling appeals for tempbans). Of course, the rare false positives are still reviewed. So then there's no issue.