Hacks..

Lately hacks are more common.

I hack to, but only in cheat/freeroam servers.

but in race servers its getting anoying.

and the massive grow in hackers in MTA: SA is growing because there is a server who is telling a website where all hacks for MTA: SA can be get.

I think the MTA should really TRY to stop these hacks, as the Anti-cheat thing is very good, but not stopping these hacks.

I hope there will be done something about this.

the massive grow in hackers in MTA: SA

You know why? because editing handling.cfg file is no longer possible..

Noobs know how to use "--------".. and they do because its the only way..

In MTAVC there wasnt so many of these "--------" because handling modificating ect. was possible.. And noobs didnt know / have the knoledge how to modificate handling.cfg, so they didnt cheat..

(there was cheaters in mtavc too, but not so many and not so many "noob cheaters" like in mtasa.)

No it are real (small) programs where you can push on buttons and use shortcuts.

Including speedhacks, Invincibility, Jetpack mode, Flying (in the way of editing handling.cfg but not editing, just pressing a button) and even teleporting!

there should be a globel database of ips and names of hackers like the rss feed updater then all servers will update each day with list of hackers

That wont help either. What is needed, but cant say if its possible, is a unique ID (means you need to create an account to play mta) or bans of MAC adresses instead of IPs, and even that would not really help cause there are ways around it, a combination out of the MAC adress and the serial numbers of the hard drives [like Punkbuster does] would be the best, cause that means that they have at least to buy a new HD and network adapter to get back on server that they were banned [right way to threat cheaters/ragers imo]. But i guess the devs of mta already thaught about this and had their reasons not to do it.

there should be a globel database of ips and names of hackers like the rss feed updater then all servers will update each day with list of hackers

That wont help either. What is needed, but cant say if its possible, is a unique ID (means you need to create an account to play mta) or bans of MAC adresses instead of IPs, and even that would not really help cause there are ways around it, a combination out of the MAC adress and the serial numbers of the hard drives [like Punkbuster does] would be the best, cause that means that they have at least to buy a new HD and network adapter to get back on server that they were banned [right way to threat cheaters/ragers imo]. But i guess the devs of mta already thaught about this and had their reasons not to do it.

Great idea.

Not at all, in first it uses GUID ban but they also can do hardware bans based on MAC Adress and HD SN. I have read a post where a bunch of cheaters was whining about Hardware Bans giving through PB and how they may play again, the only resolution was to change all networkadapters and harddisks used. Means a lot of money, but thats good imo. At least the bans in MTA would be from one server only, not from the whole game like BF2.

Blokker if you wanna know my ressources let me know.

I think the MTA should really TRY to stop these hacks, as the Anti-cheat thing is very good, but not stopping these hacks.

nothing is gonna change if you dont report these hacks so they can be blocked, the mta devs and the qa team arent sitting in servers all the time trying to spot hacks, if you want to fight cheaters you gotta work together

either pm on irc, forum pm a dev or mod, or use the "contact the mods'' button, include the links to the cheats and all relevant info, it will be looked at.

nothing is gonna change if you dont report these hacks so they can be blocked, the mta devs and the qa team arent sitting in servers all the time trying to spot hacks, if you want to fight cheaters you gotta work together

either pm on irc, forum pm a dev or mod, or use the "contact the mods'' button, include the links to the cheats and all relevant info, it will be looked at.

Well i have already done this, but got no answer if it was seen or recognized at all... so if there is someone on the dev team who takes cares of things like these, please tell ous who it is, so we can be sure the information gets to the right hands.

Lately hacks are more common.

I hack to, but only in cheat/freeroam servers.

but in race servers its getting anoying.

and the massive grow in hackers in MTA: SA is growing because there is a server who is telling a website where all hacks for MTA: SA can be get.

well .. i suggest you PM blokker_1999 or someone else of the dev team , or post here how .. then the anticheat can be updated ..

ive been seeing more and more "1337-haxoring-noobs" lately .. and most of them use some sort of infinite nitro

though fun on some levels .. hardly fun in race

We are aware of most (if not all) of the hacks out there right now. Most of them will be trivial to stop.

The next release will incorporate more strict cheat countermeasures. Until then, you'll have to deal with the small number of cheaters there are, or play on a different server.

-Derek

Cheating basically gives an unfair advantage over the other players, also depending on the game, different activities constitute cheating, as it is often a matter of consensus opinion.

The good thing about not having a rank is that this is where cheaters will become more involved in trying to gain that top position of the ladder. These free wins help them reach the top of the leader board without having to compete against other players, this would totally destroy the gaming experience for others who want to compete fairly.

We are aware of most (if not all) of the hacks out there right now. Most of them will be trivial to stop.

The next release will incorporate more strict cheat countermeasures. Until then, you'll have to deal with the small number of cheaters there are, or play on a different server.

-Derek

uhm... that not even a good workaround

i run a server with anticheat enabled .. i see people hacking about .. when you ban them a lot just come back with a different IP .. (dont ask how)

only thing working a bit on these guys is freezing them :D:twisted:

but , well .. thats a luxery not a lot of people have

:!: whats the trouble/problem of updating the anticheat if these hacks are so trivial to fix :!:

just update the anticheat .. put message on dev thing .. so admins will restart the server and get the latest version

There should be a CRC/file-check to compare the server's game config files with the client's to prevent tampering/hacks. I don't know if this is already in affect or thought of and being worked on but it could work. If someone's using a trainer - there could be a check to see if GTA's original vehicle configuration parameters match, preventing the player to go into the server. I don't know if this is possible; it's an idea.

There should be a CRC/file-check to compare the server's game config files with the client's.

THERE IS .....

and they claim the new hacks people are using are "'trivial to fix' but will be in the new version"

:!: plzplzplzplzplz update the anticheat asap :!: