speed question

snow8oard101

Question

OK, me and a friend have mine have noticed(pretty quickly) that there are large speed gaps between players. No it is not FPS as it locks at 25 and we moniter that. It is not ping either. So is it hardware in the pc that makes some faster then others?

For example 1v1 in a cheetah at start of a race, I blow off the line and leave my friend in the dust. We both hold down the throttle.

Another example: I am racing some random guy and boom I blow past him on a straight, and I know he took the turn better then me.

If u have the same problem(in my case its cool but needs to be fixed to keep it fair) post ur specs. I would like to know if it is some piece of hardware that causes this.

ATI Saphire x850xt(OC'd to PE)

3.06ghz HT intel

ABit AG8 motherboard

Xbox 360 gamepad(eh could be it)

3.5gb of ram(ddr 400)

I dont know what else could cause it.

15 answers to this question

mm I dont know the answer but I can confirm to you that these problems have been argued in Vice City I know for sure, where on foot racing was done to show that one was faster than another (mostly gangwar argumentive stuff).

Some said frame limiter, others said frame limiter doesnt give any advantage and only makes it look faster for fighting/driving (doubt that)... no idea really.

Another thing, its been noted that dual processors are making those users faster than normal.

Okay, try the following:

- set video card speeds to stock

- update video card drivers

- setting affinity to gta_sa.exe so only CPU 0 uses it (not sure how this would be done since you can't minimize, but I think there's a program out there..)

he just orderd a new video card, and he does not have HT so he cant set the process to cpu 0.

really I have noticed this in all the races, some people are just way faster then others. Dont get me wrong I like being one of the fast guys that blow by people on a straight when they r using nos and I am not, but I would like to know what causes this. That is y i was asking for u guys to post ur specs and say itf u were a slow one or a fast one. And dont say "I think..."

Post if u know u are faster or slower then other players. Specs guys cmon, to be honest, I think it has something to do with HT because I know people with better gfx cards that are slower then me. SO I think it is either HT or amount of ram.

he just orderd a new video card, and he does not have HT so he cant set the process to cpu 0.

Those suggestions were addressed to YOU. :wink:

Also forgot to mention.. try closing all background apps.

And this is the first issue I've seen where someone goes too fast on a single core CPU, so I doubt you'll find too many people with your situation.

Okay, try the following:

- set video card speeds to stock

- update video card drivers

- setting affinity to gta_sa.exe so only CPU 0 uses it (not sure how this would be done since you can't minimize, but I think there's a program out there..)

ya mind posting that program, or u kno the name of it so i can google it. mabe explain a little beter. im stupid and only half assed know what your talking about with the affinity thing.

cuz i have this same problem. my cars are very slow.

and how do i set my vid card speeds to stock....and i dont ever remember changing them either.

know where to get some vid card drivers?

im D-O btw,im ne where. u might see me playing mta. destruction-overdrive doesnt fit in the name box ingame :S

basically, a slower framerate will cause a slower speed. the framerate is maxed at 25, but some pcs can't even maintain that.

the other thing that it may be is lag causing the start times to be slightly delayed.

if you wanted to even he odds, turn down your video settings.