Jump to content

Help with CreateObject


Recommended Posts

Hello I'm editing the map and I can't use the create object function, is there any special function when the object is modified?

What is better to use for the .map or .lua player?

what is the difference between server and client?

function loadMapObjects()
    createObject ( 3724, 2838.0313, -2371.9531, 7.29688, 0, 0, 270 )
end
addEventHandler("onResourceStart", resourceRoot, loadMapObjects)


        txd = engineLoadTXD("TXD/3724.txd")
	engineImportTXD (txd, 3724)
        
	dff = engineLoadDFF("DFF/3724.dff")
	engineReplaceModel (dff, 3724)
        
	col = engineLoadCOL("COL/3724.col")
	engineReplaceCOL (col, 3724)

<meta>
	<info author="Nicolas3D" version="1.3" name="LS" type="mapa" />

	<script src="objetos.lua" type="client" />
	<script src="posicao.lua" type="server" />
        <file src="DFF/3724.dff" />
        <file src="COL/3724.col" />

</meta>

 

Link to post
  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, Nicolas3D said:

Hello I'm editing the map and I can't use the create object function

onResourceStart = serverside < reason why your code does not run.

onClientResourceStart = clientside

 

 

9 minutes ago, Nicolas3D said:

What is better to use for the .map or .lua player?

Depending on the quantity, if it is just 2 objects, it doesn't really matter. But if it is 1000 objects, .map will be faster.

 

 

6 minutes ago, Nicolas3D said:

what is the difference between server and client?

Server

  • Server(side) is code running on the server. There is only 1 serverside.

Client

  • Players are clients. This code is running inside of the game. Each player is running a copy of this code.

 

Link to post

 

10 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

onResourceStart = serverside < reason why your code does not run.

onClientResourceStart = clientside

 

 

Depending on the quantity, if it is just 2 objects, it doesn't really matter. But if it is 1000 objects, .map will be faster.

 

 

Server

  • Server(side) is code running on the server. There is only 1 serverside.

Client

  • Players are clients. This code is running inside of the game. Each player is running a copy of this code.

 

Tks, I will have to use the .map, so the script will not be necessary, but I was in doubt how to put the lod in the .map in case I created a lod, how do I load it

Link to post
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, Nicolas3D said:

tks for map is better to use serverside or clientside

serverside, else you are going to need some bunny hops to make it work. There are no clientside support functions for map files.

Link to post
1 hour ago, IIYAMA said:

For lowLOD's you need scripting as well afaik.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/SetLowLODElement

I had used this code for the lods but I believe it doesn’t fit or I did it wrong

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineReplaceModel_notes

 

        txdLOD = engineLoadTXD( "garageLOD.txd" )
        engineImportTXD( txdLOD, modelIdLOD )

        dffLOD = engineLoadDFF( "LODDFF/5164.dff", 0 )
        engineReplaceModel( dffLOD, 5164 )

        objLOD = createObject( 5164, 2839.0313,-2371,9531,7.29688, 0, 0, 270, true )
        setLowLODElement(3724, 5164)
        
        engineSetModelLODDistance (5164,5000)

 

Link to post
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, Nicolas3D said:

I had used this code for the lods but I believe it doesn’t fit or I did it wrong

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineReplaceModel_notes

 


        txdLOD = engineLoadTXD( "garageLOD.txd" )
        engineImportTXD( txdLOD, modelIdLOD )

        dffLOD = engineLoadDFF( "LODDFF/5164.dff", 0 )
        engineReplaceModel( dffLOD, 5164 )

        objLOD = createObject( 5164, 2839.0313,-2371,9531,7.29688, 0, 0, 270, true )
        setLowLODElement(3724, 5164)
        
        engineSetModelLODDistance (5164,5000)

 

 

The syntax for the setLowLODElement function:

bool setLowLODElement ( element theElement, element lowLODElement )

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/SetLowLODElement

 

You need to fill in the elements, not the model number. Afaik you are seeing warnings/errors appear in your debug console because of this.

This function is used for swapping between default objects and lowLOD objects, depending if the object is streamed-in or not.

 

 

Link to post
8 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

 

The syntax for the setLowLODElement function:

bool setLowLODElement ( element theElement, element lowLODElement )

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/SetLowLODElement

 

You need to fill in the elements, not the model number. Afaik you are seeing warnings/errors appear in your debug console because of this.

This function is used for swapping between default objects and lowLOD objects, depending if the object is streamed-in or not.

 

 

I didn’t understand, I could show you an example I don’t know much about scripta

Link to post
  • Moderators
30 minutes ago, Nicolas3D said:

I didn’t understand, I could show you an example I don’t know much about scripta

Or you learn to script first, so that your topic doesn't become a scripting request. 😅

I only give examples when you can learn enough from them, which is not the case when your question goes beyond the basics (those that you are missing at the moment).

Link to post
21 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

Or you learn to script first, so that your topic doesn't become a scripting request. 😅

I only give examples when you can learn enough from them, which is not the case when your question goes beyond the basics (those that you are missing at the moment).

the basics I can understand 😂 but it's starting to complicate in some parts my area is 3D but I want to evolve to script

Link to post
  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, Nicolas3D said:

the basics I can understand 😂 but it's starting to complicate in some parts my area is 3D but I want to evolve to script

Oh perfect.

 

In that case, create 2 objects at the same place and link them together:

-- non lowLOD
obj = createObject( 5164, 2839.0313,-2371,9531,7.29688, 0, 0, 270, false )

-- lowLOD
objLOD = createObject( 5164, 2839.0313,-2371,9531,7.29688, 0, 0, 270, true )

setLowLODElement(obj, objLOD)

When the non lowLOD variant streams out, the lowLOD variant will kick-in.

 

Link to post
52 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

Oh perfect.

 

In that case, create 2 objects at the same place and link them together:


-- non lowLOD
obj = createObject( 5164, 2839.0313,-2371,9531,7.29688, 0, 0, 270, false )

-- lowLOD
objLOD = createObject( 5164, 2839.0313,-2371,9531,7.29688, 0, 0, 270, true )

setLowLODElement(obj, objLOD)

When the non lowLOD variant streams out, the lowLOD variant will kick-in.

 

 ERROR: test.lua:2: attempt to call global 'engineLoadDFF' (a nil value

There was even a lod but it is original to the game, and even if it moves me away, it does not disappear

Link to post
14 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

That function is only available on clientside.

See docs: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineLoadDFF

thank you very much for your explanation helped me to understand and learn a little ❤️ 

18 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

That function is only available on clientside.

See docs: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineLoadDFF

thank you very much for your explanation helped me to understand and learn a little ❤️ 3

There would be no way to change the 3D switching time with the lod

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Moderators
21 minutes ago, Nicolas3D said:

There would be no way to change the 3D switching time with the lod

You mean the switching time of the model? Or switching/swapping time of the lowLOD?

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...