Skin does not save depending on weight

OtkBad

I'm trying to save a skin for a clothing system, however when it reaches a certain point, the skin corrupts, I've managed to save a skin up to 5.20mb, but trying again this decreased to 5.07, after I formatted my computer it decreased to 4.75mb, after that the skin matters with the following error: "non standard dff" I don't think it's a corrupt model, I saved a model with certain clothes, it went over the limit and the skin didn't matter, I saved a second model with the same things, however with their weight decreased (not to exceed 4.75) and the model saved and imported without giving any error, every time it passes that weight, the mentioned error happens (I tried to export and import with the hero script , but I did not understand how it works (if I export with the bones they are in one position and the model in another) if I export only the model, then import in a skin and save, the mapping of the model is all distorted.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

I think it's the same issue as your previous topic (or very much related)

I don't know what to say.. you are not only doing something wrong (having been unable to take the hints from said topic to improve your practises) but you clearly still don't know what you are doing, just plainly put, you're not a good modeller - producing a new level of extremely bloated, unoptimized skins (in GTA SA, 300kb for a skin model is already too much.. let alone yours that are around 5MB). It wouldn't surprise me if all of these you're running into, are because of reaching the technical limits of GTA SA and modelling (skinning/rigging/DFF importing) plugins. Doing weird stuff (doing many things wrong as I assume you are) can cause weird issues.

I would advise you to focus on the practise of proper skin modelling (and the basics of it) before anything else, and I doubt we can provide further support after you haven't improved and started outputting normal models in about a year. @OtkBad

Spoiler
On 2/27/2021 at 4:57 PM, Dutchman101 said:

I think it's the same issue as your previous topic (or very much related)

I don't know what to say.. you are not only doing something wrong (having been unable to take the hints from said topic to improve your practises) but you clearly still don't know what you are doing, just plainly put, you're not a good modeller - producing a new level of extremely bloated, unoptimized skins (in GTA SA, 300kb for a skin model is already too much.. let alone yours that are around 5MB). It wouldn't surprise me if all of these you're running into, are because of reaching the technical limits of GTA SA and modelling (skinning/rigging/DFF importing) plugins. Doing weird stuff (doing many things wrong as I assume you are) can cause weird issues.

I would advise you to focus on the practise of proper skin modelling (and the basics of it) before anything else, and I doubt we can provide further support after you haven't improved and started outputting normal models in about a year. @OtkBad

really, i'm not a modeler, but people who know the same knowledge as mine, managed to save even heavier models, and i know that the size of this skin goes far beyond what is normally a gta san andreas skin, and how I spoke before and I repeat now: this model was made for a clothing system for the MTA, so far, as far as I know, the only way to make a clothing system using 3D models and not just textures for the MTA, is to put everything together , and most models in these outfits are not made by modelers, most are converted gta 5 dolls, and it may be that I’m really doing something wrong (even people with less or even the same knowledge that mine (which is not much) able to save a heavier model) being that I do and redo the same thing that I did before, but now it just seems that this "limit" decreases more and more (as I said in the topic)

• 3 weeks later...
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
On 01/03/2021 at 23:27, OtkBad said:
  Reveal hidden contents

this model was made for a clothing system for the MTA, so far, as far as I know, the only way to make a clothing system using 3D models and not just textures for the MTA, is to put everything together , and most models in these outfits are not made by modelers

I didn't see your reply so sorry for the delay, but for the record: it is not the only way (let alone the proper way) to do it.

First of all the sheer size of your DFF indicates you are adding extremely high poly 'sets of clothes' to it without the optimization that's needed for a game like GTA SA, besides that no matter what goes behind it.. ending up with such a size is the definition of bad for GTA SA and will cause client crashes, increased memory usage & FPS lag. I believe this is a very common problem for anyone that thinks making a clothing system can only be done by adding tons of them to a DFF and toggling their visibility with a script.

It's rather not the proper way to make a clothing system.

Instead, you should make a system that utilizes texture shaders to swap clothes, which are all compatible with an individual skin DFF (e.g a player model with underwear). But it takes some modelling skills to make textures for a skin DFF, you'll need the same skills as a person that can create/port a GTA SA skin model.

For more methods to make a customizable clothing system without all the unoptimized, buggy mess you're making right now, I advise you to ask for help in the Scripting subforum. I also want to say that i dont intend to come off hard, but stuff like this is exactly what harms MTA due to the amount of server scripters/modellers that don't know exactly what they are doing to reduce the player experience through lag, crashes, etc. So it's just that we cannot stress proper practise severely enough.

@OtkBad