[REQUEST] MTA SA Race: Map making: Higher object limit

• MTA Team

as has been stated before (yes, this forum has a search function) the object limit is in place to keep the game playable for all. The more objects you place on a map the more work your system has to do in drawing them. A lot of people are already experiencing performance issues on the more heavy maps.

But most of my maps are just for 2 people, me and a friend and we have top spec pc's so object limit could be increased for my maps so me and mate can enjoy more objects on the maps.

Btw sorry about search. I dont post here much really or visit so just post them straight away my suggestions.

Dont get me wrong btw, good to have limit so performance aint a problem for the majority, but what about the minority?

Well i assume object limit is 250 as when i add more (my map i last did had 275 objects in) the map was missing sections like a ramp here a section there.

When i took 25 off the 275 object map it was stable as in nothing disappeared when testing the map.

So even tho i could do 200 1 map 200 in another and combine in wordpad i fear i would still get the missing objects problems.

Well we like long 250 checkpoint maps and making our own maps. We have on the odd occasion played default maps but rarly. We enjoy maps we make cos we know what the other likes.

Anyhow thats besides the point.

So any chance of freeing up object limits a bit and let the person who runs the server make his own mind up to add/use maps that have more than 250 objects? Set a condition in the server file perhaps?

I would like to request making the onbject limit larger too, i usually play only with 1 m8 and we both have high end pc's, mostly when i make a new map for us (mostly object rich maps ) i come against teh annoying object limit, for example I cant make an extra big destruction derby map becourse of teh object limit, isn't there really any way to increase it to about 700 ish?

( I dont expect any performance problems myself dont think my m8 will have em either we can always turn down gfx as were both playing on high gfx sets and still smooth on maps with 250 objects...)

I understand some people cant handle larger maps but i personally think the server should decide over how much stuff there should be on a map as not all servers are open for everyone but there are alot of people just playing in private...