How To Fix The Lag !

This may be a bloody STUPID message but im gonna post it anyhow cos it makes perfect sense to me... Right on other online games such as FPS if you have a large map you have a large amount of lag which is shit so mappers only make maps to a certain size... Notice (half life again) Half Life Single Player is a fuckin HUGE !!! big level map But online it is a load of little maps.. Playing online on the Single Player map is just fuckin stupid, the lag would be crazy...

THEN WHY THE HELL R U GUYS DOIN IT >?.

Shudnt u just like edit the map so it is just 1 of the 3 towns or just create a map of ur own that is the MTA world.... Using all 3 maps is just stupid, its as if your wanting lag and also all the times iv played noone ever uses the other maps (apart from me in my dodo :D)...

Ok im ready to be told im stupid now :'(

lag which is caused by connection speed got nothing to do with how big the map is, it depends on which connection the server has which connection you have and how many players there are (and which connection they all have :P )

Yer but the map is obviously a big point to it, i kno connection have to matter but when the person who runs the server has to render what is going on in such a huge place and make it so that everything on that massive map is the same on his PC to everyone elses trust me that has to take up alot of connection speed and time... i swear having it on a smaller map gives less room for connection to recognise making it faster speed for gameplay

I allways thought that all that is transmitted is position data and animation and weapons fire etc. and your comp renders it, no pc will render each part of the map that there is a player on.

I might be wrong here tho, someone confirm this.

all it sends is x,x,z cordinates and it changes the adress in memory that controls shooting when someone shoots (i think :roll: ) so i really don't think a big map lags it (maybe it lags gfx cards but not connection)

Exactly: "Size matters not'" -Yoda

It's only the connection that will cause lag, it doesn't matter if the x value reads 10 or 1000. The reason why you think big maps lag, is because if you want a big map not to be boring, you have to fill it up with stuff to do. FPS only let you shoot other players (generally), so you'd need hordes of players on the map. GTA3 (MTA) has a lot more things to do, especially when the gamemodes are implemented.

Hmm well i dont understand why i hav bin told so many times that map size lags servers N peeps N shit N shit... MY mentor taught me wrong Yoda, BLAME OBI WAN I TELLZ YA !.

Also i got another idea, Hows about jus making a MTA World map file for GTA3 so that u have a little world for MTA where u can buy a few dedicated servers that run these maps all the time and u can download em... having special MTA advertising, areas, stadiums and even a kool lil statue of liberty add-on like i mentioned in another topic :P

it might be a good idea to allow choosing of having it on just one of the 3 islands or for really big games( like when you can have up to 40 people in a game) allowing the whole city open. when I been playin tryin to be good and stay in one part of the city so I don't screw anything up.

Still sod all that ... this is about my 10th time sumone has totally ignored my questions :'(...

/me looks around for the invisible-off key.

Nope there aint one, u can see my posts. Ur ignoring me !.

You're not being ignored, we can see your posts, Its just too hard to read them. Try typing in plain english.

Also i got another idea, Hows about jus making a MTA World map file for GTA3 so that u have a little world for MTA where u can buy a few dedicated servers that run these maps all the time and u can download em... having special MTA advertising, areas, stadiums and even a kool lil statue of liberty add-on like i mentioned in another topic

Okay here goes.

I have a Idea. How about somebody makes a map for the GTA3 Game that can be played on MTA Servers.... Such as a map you could title MTA World which consists of special MTA advertising, secret areas, stadiums and even a statue of liberty.

I think this would be a good idea because it gives MTA a bit more idividuality and may create a larget target auidence. If you like my idea please post your ideas and thought back to me.

Thank you for your time - Wo33eR.

to be honest, a drop in framerates COULD cause lag...

for this reason....

If your computer is getting 1-2 fps, your entire system runs slower because of it.. this would cause the MTA client to respond less often... therefore packets could get dropped, etc... Its not really mapsize, but a framerate issue... though on MOST pc's this isn't an issue... and GTA3 wasn't designed for p2 boards :-P

But we will probably not make smaller maps for MTA, the whole idea this is on, is to make it playable around the City we all know.. I just don't think it would be as fun on a custom map.... maybe the stuntpark though ;-) but thats not in discussion, and probably wont be for a while.

later,

Kent

Hmm yes i agree with that... But i also agree with the stuntpark thing... see the background for this forum, i thought MTA wud have a section like that in it... Is there a way u cud make another little island that u wud get to by bridge or DoDo ! :D that has a little fun stuntpark ???. That would own so much

once again, a project like that isnt for the mta team.

the mta team's aim is not to rewrite the whole main.scm, and remod everything ala counterstirke, its to provide mp.

There are already some great map addons out there, get them and play it with ya friends, but its best to leave that to them =)

Yer i suppose it was just a cool idea :D. i think GTA3 online with the normal maps wud own but at the moment it looks bloody hard to do, im just trying to help out in the only way i know how... hundreds of stupid suggestions :D

My Teamspeak one is kinda good, people like that :D.

This map one is okay, i bet some servers will do custom maps eventualy.

My ingame chat FPS keys Y and U is a good idea :D

And my idea to go request help off the GTA3 real team was another one.

So there not all bad :D... Jus a bit out of reach