When for new version on MTA:VC?

0.5 was developed on the old core, which the team no longer develop on.

The concentration is mostly all on DM and probably extra releases to the current RM, which a majority of the community would like to see developed on and created as quickly as possible.

VC for the Blue platform is obviously right down the pecking order, development on that looks like a hault, however im sure during the times yet to come the community will see eventually another release of VC in the future hopefully.

Blue for VC is vaporware. I doubt it will come out anytime soon, if at all. :?

It will come out at some point. Remember that MTA:VC got all of the attention when VC was released, before they returned to GTA3 several releases later?

• 1 month later...
Doesn't VC support DX 9? I know it supports the next version up from whatever GTA3 supports, which I think is 8.

Nope, GTA3 and VC are 8, SA is 9.

I don't think converting a few fonts is such a big job (although im not sure how crazy eddie's GUI system works).. the biggest part would be making the core support both, i've done it before, it's just annoying how you can't use both interfaces in one instance.

We already have built in support for both dx8 and dx9, thats the most minor issue with back-porting to VC or 3. It'd be a big job, mainly because SA is so different to VC and GTA3, we'd lose a lot of features.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, well just hope they can release it sooner.....

Personally, I think they forgot about the people WITHOUT san andreas :?

I have San Andreas, and I think it's a fun game, but I still like to play Vice City more, it's such a better game. And what happened to 0.5.1? I was looking forward to that, the screenshots looked cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much good information, just retards arguing over a fact. I just hope they get SA out soon so it'll be over with, and they can get back to blue.

Something that people seem to be confused about is that MTA:Blue is not a particular version of MTA, but the new core which works "under the hood". All future releases will be released with the Blue core, no matter which GTA game they are intended for.

• 1 month later...

I dont see the reason not to release another version of GTA3 in the future, even if GTA3 is rarely played no more. I still think it will suit those who have had a previous incounter with GTA3 to stepback and have a short while back down the lane.

Yet is there much demand for it? No there isnt, i dont think the team will waste their time working on gta3 mta blue when demand isnt very high and more will play SA and VC, and it would be easier just to not do gta3 blue, because when we have SDK and mta vc blue, someone can make a function inside LC for it to work, or even easier the LC Team can implent mta vc blue functionality, just like with vc-mp, and with LC mod, you have better physics than gta3, cause its on vc engine, and you have bikes, helicopters ect

Thats all obvious, even if the SDK does have those abilities and other techniques to do similar inventions like function the LC into VC. Im just noting that GTA3 shouldnt be left out and dumped completely, i just thought that including a good version of GTA3 in the future on the blue platform would look good alongside VC and SA. If the demand is obviously very limited well im not too bothered one bit because personally i dont play the game at all, not even online.