[News & Blog] Deathmatch in Alpha stage (By ChrML)

So'lide

ok sorry next time i will stay on topic

but still can a developer please answere my question how much resources will dm chew up at 1280x1024x32 because the screens you post on the website look this size thanks. i don't lag at all except in certain areas of the map... a glitch in the game :cry::cry:

It's impossible to give you an answer because the resource usage will depend on the number of players within the player's immediate proximity and how many custom objects the map creator has chosen to add. Other things can affect it too, such as if someone is using a rocket launcher or grenade.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running at 1280x1024x32 requires a good pc and lag isnt a glitch in the game. You lag in certain areas because they are more detailed or contain smoke-like particles (like up in the clouds)

yes i understad that but i don't lag in the clouds and i dont lag on any other areas except los santos and the countryside, yes i understand that in the country the detail is a lot more complex but why do i lag in los santos its like any othere city

we also checked on my friend computer and had the same problem in the same areas we also both found ou t that the more we played it the less laggy it bacame, i think this is a bug

Again, it's not a bug. You know what happens when you pile a lot of cars in one area (ie. 32 cars spawning in the same area) - it slows down, due to the videocard trying to process all of them. Also, remember at higher resolutions, you will be receiving lower framerates; almost an exaggeration of a slowdown in the same area at a lower resolution. Anti-aliasing in busier areas/different parts of town/etc. will slow the speeds down too.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your videocard (not like it matters, since anyone would notice a slight slowdown, even on todays cards on resolutions like that)?

sorry to ring this up again but a recently got hold of radeon X850XT and guess what in the same points on the map i have the same old 2fps now noone can tell me that my gpu isnt powerful enough i think there is a problem with my sa be cause it's a russian copy.

sorry to ring this up again but a recently got hold of radeon X850XT and guess what in the same points on the map i have the same old 2fps now noone can tell me that my gpu isnt powerful enough i think there is a problem with my sa be cause it's a russian copy.

Also remember that SA is optimised for Nvidia cards.

• 2 weeks later...
cant wait

LOL just can't wait and that all???

I'm crazy now!Im cheking site each 15 minutes and i houpe what there will be blog "MTA DM is released download HERE"And there will be 100000coments in first 10second and then site will overload cuz 10000peoples is loading mta dm in same time!LOL i wana dm so MUCH!