[REL] pAttach (optimized bone attach)

Patrick

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, cocowen said:

most function is shared

whats the different from using function from client or server , do it same ? or client just work for local player

On client side functions return true or false, depeding on it was successful or not. (For example: attach returns true if objects attached successfully, and false if not)
But on server side (almost) always returns true, even if it failed. (because it returns the result of triggerClientEvent)

12 minutes ago, Patrick said:

On client side functions return true or false, depeding on it was successful or not. (For example: attach returns true if objects attached successfully, and false if not)
But on server side (almost) always returns true, even if it failed. (because it returns the result of triggerClientEvent)

if i set attach from localplayer client , other player will see the attached object ,too?

Just now, Patrick said:

If you attach object on client-side? No, others can't see it, only the client.

ok , i understand ,thanks u

local object = createObject(371, 0, 0, 0)
	setElementDimension(object,1)
    pAttach:attach(object, element, "backpack", 0, -0.15, 0, 90, 0, 0)

WARNING: pAttach\client.lua:265: Bad argument @ 'isElementOnScreen' [Expected element at argument 1]

i set object to dim 1 , but it keep output this error

• Moderators
1 hour ago, cocowen said:

ok , i understand ,thanks u

local object = createObject(371, 0, 0, 0)
	setElementDimension(object,1)
    pAttach:attach(object, element, "backpack", 0, -0.15, 0, 90, 0, 0)

WARNING: pAttach\client.lua:265: Bad argument @ 'isElementOnScreen' [Expected element at argument 1]

i set object to dim 1 , but it keep output this error

I can't reproduce it, can you send me a proper example resource?
... btw the problem is the ped (element), not the 'object'. Where 'element' defined, and is it on server or client side?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, cocowen said:

maybe i already find the problem: i destroy the ped ? so let info in table of pattach missed it ?

You have to detach objects first with detachAll. (I'll fix it in next release)

29 minutes ago, Patrick said:

You have to detach objects first with detachAll. (I'll fix it in next release)

yes , another question i trans from boneattach to pattch ,bind a weapon ak on player's right hand , when player hold the ak , its work nice ,but when its aim , the rotation is wrong , but its works find in boneattach , not sure if there is something need to do in pattach , do pattach fit for weapon?

Just now, cocowen said:

yes , another question i trans from boneattach to pattch ,bind a weapon ak on player's right hand , when player hold the ak , its work nice ,but when its aim , the rotation is wrong , but its works find in boneattach , not sure if there is something need to do in pattach , do pattach fit for weapon?

by the way ,i use right-hand , not weapon bone

• Moderators
Just now, cocowen said:

pAttach and bone_attach use different parameters (different bone IDs / offsets), you have to reposition them. It isn't enough to just copy/paste them.

For weapons mostly you have to use:

addCommandHandler("testweapon", function(player)
    local object = createObject(356, 0, 0, 0)
    exports.pAttach:attach(object, player, "weapon", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
end)

Just now, Patrick said:

pAttach and bone_attach use different parameters (different bone IDs / offsets), you have to reposition them. It isn't enough to just copy/paste them.

For weapons mostly you have to use:

addCommandHandler("testweapon", function(player)
    local object = createObject(356, 0, 0, 0)
    exports.pAttach:attach(object, player, "weapon", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
end)

thanks u weapon bone is work nice , seems there are basic work of this bone

• Like 1
  • Moderators
Just now, cocowen said:

do not need detachAll anymore? just detach ?

No need detachAll before ped destroying anymore, it does it automatically for you. But test it please, the warning still appears or not?

6 minutes ago, Patrick said:

No need detachAll before ped destroying anymore, it does it automatically for you. But test it please, the warning still appears or not?

tested ,seems no error now ! thanks u 

but need to destroy the object by myself?

• 3 weeks later...

hey , patrick there is a new question i want to ask , i use  pAttach:attach from serverside 

pAttach:attach(object,targetElement,"weapon", 0, 0, 0, 0, -30, 0)

debug the targetElement as ped

NH_Attach attachWeapon to:elem:ped[100]00012848 object:elem:object[1939]00012849

but the pAttach get Wrong message as 

pAttach\client.lua:38: Expected element at argument 2, got userdata00012848

i debug at serverside attach function in exports.lua , find cache[element][1] become userdata

cache[element][1]:userdata: 0A9BC968

i am really confused , why it have been changed from ped to userdata 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, cocowen said:

hey , patrick there is a new question i want to ask , i use  pAttach:attach from serverside 

pAttach:attach(object,targetElement,"weapon", 0, 0, 0, 0, -30, 0)

debug the targetElement as ped

NH_Attach attachWeapon to:elem:ped[100]00012848 object:elem:object[1939]00012849

but the pAttach get Wrong message as 

pAttach\client.lua:38: Expected element at argument 2, got userdata00012848

i debug at serverside attach function in exports.lua , find cache[element][1] become userdata

cache[element][1]:userdata: 0A9BC968

i am really confused , why it have been changed from ped to userdata 

Is ped (targetElement) created on server-side?

function creature:create(skin,x,y,z,r)

--outputDebugString("TRY CREATE creature ");

local o = {}
    setmetatable(o,self);
    self.__index = self;
    self.source = createPed(skin,x,y,z,r);
    setElementParent(self.source,otherElements) -- bind to parent for data system
    return o;
end

here is the create part , and used by this

function human:create(skin,x,y,z,r,holdweapon,walkingstyle
    local o = creature:create(skin,x,y,z,r)
    self.__index = self;
    setmetatable(o,self);
    local humanped = o:getElement()
    Attach:attachWeapon(humanped,modelID
end
function creature:getElement()
    return self.source;
end

its really really confused because seems only melee weapon have bug 

seems differents resource use create ped have error ,  create ped  onResourceStart have bug 

i use setTimer to make createped more slowly and its works now ,so confused

Edited by cocowen
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This script is amazing :D, I had been wanting to create new things for a while but the limitations and bugs of the bone_attach they made it difficult for me.

I just have a question, it's possible to fix this little bug? Objects attached to a skin don't keep the brightness of that skin.  I think it's a MTA limitation but I mention it in case it has a solution.

Pics about the issue:

spacer.png

( The head is a custom object exported with Normals )

spacer.png

Same here, 12:00 PM, the collision surface affect the skin brightness but not the parachute attached

• Thanks 1
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, Weaita said:

I just have a question, it's possible to fix this little bug? Objects attached to a skin don't keep the brightness of that skin.  I think it's a MTA limitation but I mention it in case it has a solution.

Maybe it is possible somehow to get ped's brightness and modify parachute's with shaders, but I have no idea how could you do it.

Btw do you use the latest pAttach release? Don't you have bugs while attaching objects to player's head? ... I mean wierd movement / rotation offsets

12 hours ago, Patrick said:

Btw do you use the latest pAttach release? Don't you have bugs while attaching objects to player's head? ... I mean wierd movement / rotation offsets

Latest release, no problem at all. Although I only used the script on my local server :)

12 hours ago, Patrick said:

Maybe it is possible somehow to get ped's brightness and modify parachute's with shaders, but I have no idea how could you do it.

It would be great, it's a small problem but in certain situations it causes a lot of annoyance