[REL] pAttach (optimized bone attach)

Patrick

• Patrick changed the title to [REL] pAttach (optimized bone attach)
  • Moderators
19 hours ago, Tekken said:

I have already done it, with server synchronization you may check the difference performance wise, see my signature, got released not so long ago.

Sure, I ran again every tests with yours. 

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Santi said:

I'm using it but the objects are becoming invisible or coming out of the bone.

Edit: The server has more than 200 players. Then the objects leave the bone without explanation.

Thanks for the report, I'll check it out.
Can you tell me more info about how you use it? How attach/deatach it to player, and when?

• Like 1
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, Dutchman101 said:

It would be interesting to see a performance comparison between this and attachToBones (just like this, another recent "bone_attach" replacement by @Tekken)

Sorry for late response, I rewrote most of code, I'm using new table structure, and I fixed bug what Santi reported before (I hope).
I ran all tests again with the latest versions of resources, you can find new results in updated Performance Comparison table.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Tekken said:

hmm, so is it normal? also the helmet seems to disappear somehow as in script I don't change it's positions at any time unless I change skin.

Of couse it's not normal, but are you sure it is pAttach's fault? I didn't experience similar bug.

Well I'm just using the resource as is, ~0.5% CPU with 4 objects

Simply removed mine and added yours, replaced the function names, also I attach server side if that helps.

re-downloaded latest version to be sure, the same effect.

Edited by Tekken
wrong cpu usage
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Tekken said:

Well I'm just using the resource as is, ~0.5% CPU with 4 objects

Simply removed mine and added yours, replaced the function names, also I attach server side if that helps.

re-downloaded latest version to be sure, the same effect.

Probably fixed, can you test with latest version please?

Good job Patrick, this resource will hopefully help a lot of new scripters.

I had found a problem tho, this resource won't note changes between interiores (i suppose thats because there isnt and event called "onClientElementInteriorChange") and the object will be left behind in the other interior, even when the dimensions change. It would be nice if you could address this issue.

Thank you!

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Tekken said:

NVM found, was that meant to reproduce bone_attach positions?

No, just works more like attachElements.

12 minutes ago, Platin - xNikoXD said:

Good job Patrick, this resource will hopefully help a lot of new scripters.

I had found a problem tho, this resource won't note changes between interiores (i suppose thats because there isnt and event called "onClientElementInteriorChange") and the object will be left behind in the other interior, even when the dimensions change. It would be nice if you could address this issue.

Thank you!

Yeah, I know. Because there is no event for that. But dimension change should work.

• 2 weeks later...