Banned by a Hacker :(

Guest GazC

Question

Hi, I'm wondering if I can find some help here with a little problem.

I've been playing MTA this past couple of days on a 24/7 Cops & Robbers server hosted by gtahost.com. During this period the server has had some serious abuse from cheaters and hackers. Today a hacker installed themselves as admin after mucking around (e.g. being invincible, spped hacks and flying etc) and kicked me for killing someone with a Hydra. I then did what I admit was not a smart move, I logged back on and told the hacker/admin what I thought of them.

The result is that the hacker has now perma-banned me from the server so I cannot play it at all :(. I have an idea that the legitimate admin are called Alex and Nicky and Bas but I have no-way of getting intouch with them.

Can anyone help me? I do enjoy using that server.

22 answers to this question

Is this not a big problem for the mta team. A hacker/cheater can login to admin level...

I have seen a lot of cheaters in the server when i am admin in. But never seen one to login on admin level.

From what I can gather, the hacker re-named himself with the Admins name, this seemed to be all he needed to do to get control of the admin powers. There may have been more to it than that, But I can only say what I saw.

Hey there, I recently deleted the Bans list just incase anybody got banned, and the server should work for you now. If your still having problems connecting to the server then could you please PM me with your IP Address so I can remove your unfair ban.

Regards

Nicky

Hey there, I recently deleted the Bans list just incase anybody got banned, and the server should work for you now. If your still having problems connecting to the server then could you please PM me with your IP Address so I can remove your unfair ban.

Regards

Nicky

Nope, I'm still banned :( . I'll send you my I.P. like you asked.

Shouldn't you go to their forum instead of posting here that you're banned @ a server?

Maybe if you couldnt fine their site, that would have been ok.. But alright =P

I couldn't find their site, I did try looking before I posted here :roll: . And I wouldn't be complaining if I had been banned from the server for a legitimate reason by legitimate admin.

GazC.. what are you called on that server? I just need to know. I think I know who you are...

I play as Taxi_Driver. Please don't tell me I yelled at a legitimate admin :oops: there has been a lot of strange crap happening over the 24hr period before I got banned.

Shouldn't you go to their forum instead of posting here that you're banned @ a server?

Maybe if you couldnt fine their site, that would have been ok.. But alright =P

I couldn't find their site, I did try looking before I posted here :roll: . And I wouldn't be complaining if I had been banned from the server for a legitimate reason by legitimate admin.

I see.. mmh k, good luck then.

Nope I'm still banned, I'm talking about the server at 83.149.98.25 if that helps.

Well, you should also specify the port .. ;)

But if its the right server, I wonder why you are still banned. Did you only delete the bans list file Nicky, or also restartet the server?

Is this not a big problem for the mta team. A hacker/cheater can login to admin level...

I have seen a lot of cheaters in the server when i am admin in. But never seen one to login on admin level.

From what I can gather, the hacker re-named himself with the Admins name, this seemed to be all he needed to do to get control of the admin powers. There may have been more to it than that, But I can only say what I saw.

Just renaming yourself as the admin's name wouldnt log you into rcon admin, you would still need to use the rcon_login command and know the password for that name.