Visual Basic++ Error

Guest [Hitman]

Hey :)

this happened to me when i tryed to join the server highlighted[ Image resized for forums]

1f56259c.jpg

i clicked it once -said server was full clicked it again by accident and crashed :?

PC Spec

---------

Amd Athlon 64 3000+ [clock @ 2208Mhz]

Geil 1.5GB DDR400 Memory

XFX Gf 7800GT PCI-E

XP SP2 latest updates

Settings are on extra high for SA

any other info needed ? :)

first topic- Doesnt apply to me due to the fact that theres only one windows account on this machine and i thus giving me full administration policies- there are no others even the guest account is turned off.

second topic- the version of the game i have i originalyl bought it fro ma shop in the UK- so thus giving me EU version- i havent patched it to anyothers because i like to try mods ratehr than R* disabling them ;)

anymore suggestions :)

second topic- the version of the game i have i originalyl bought it fro ma shop in the UK- so thus giving me EU version- i havent patched it to anyothers because i like to try mods ratehr than R* disabling them

Sure but..... are you using EU version 1 or 2?. The patch is a 'downgrade' patch to change from version 2 to 1. Only v1 is supported by MTA at the moment. Please clarify :D

Also, when did this problem start to happen - has MTA ever worked successfully for you?

all i can say is that i cant confirm the version due to your patch exe d/l the URL doesnt work :?

MTA :SA has always worked for me ;)

i've only had one problem -where i was in a server and it just quit entirely to desktop :? that was with v1.0 though-there was nothing in the event viewer either.

the problem just came on me the same night i started this topic ;)

can visual basic's process be effected by AVG and Zonealarm running in the background? i always have it running while im in other games and it works like a dream..

all i can say is that i cant confirm the version due to your patch exe d/l the URL doesnt work

Not entirely sure what you mean... but if you are referring to this http://mtavc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15151 then follow Talidans notes and use his download link for the downgrade patch. At least your GTA install will be clean.

MTA :SA has always worked for me

...until now, so has anything changed on your PC? This problem is occuring every time so you can no longer play, right?

I use Zone Alarm and Sophos AntiVirus, I never have to close any (and TBH would never want to either - whatever the game/application).

the problem has seemed to resolved intself :S

after installing a crap made mod with SAMI- SA SP mode crashed- so i uninstalled n reinstalled SA and MTA-i've been playing for a few days now- no problems have arised so far....

The reason i close my anti virus programs is due to pure habit- i use 2 have a crap rig so its habit really closing heavy memory processes to gain betetr performance and memory levels within game performance ;)