My MTA Server crashes to players

afonpaps

Question

Hello,

I AM writing this to ask your help. The players of my server are complaining about crashes (they say that the crash a lot when they are in my server, but when they are in others they do not crash). They sent me some screenshots and the most common errors they got were: 0xE06D7363 ; 0xC0000005 and sometimes the game just stop working without any code...

Some people told me that the problem could be memory related ant that I should look at ipb to see if there was any script requiring too much memory, I have took the scripts that required most memory but yet the problem continues. What can I do?

Thank you very much.

12 answers to this question

• Administrators

Thread moved to the Server Support forum for best chances of receiving help.

Do you have any mods on your server? If so what is the average size of DFF/TXD/COL, and how many of each type do you have.

If you are on MTA Discord please check Dutchman's post on the 0xE06D7363 crash offset for more details:
https://discordapp.com/channels/278474088903606273/278521065435824128/639517303163191316

15 hours ago, Tut said:

Thread moved to the Server Support forum for best chances of receiving help.

Do you have any mods on your server? If so what is the average size of DFF/TXD/COL, and how many of each type do you have.

If you are on MTA Discord please check Dutchman's post on the 0xE06D7363 crash offset for more details:
https://discordapp.com/channels/278474088903606273/278521065435824128/639517303163191316

Yes I do. I have around 30 TXD and DFF, and 7 COL. The average size is 2/3 MB (TXD AND DFF)

• Administrators

I would look at reducing to 150-1000KB but try to stay as far away from 1000KB as you possibly can.

If you use any image shaders, audio files or anything that's downloaded, you'll want to look at having them compressed too.

17 hours ago, Tut said:

I would look at reducing to 150-1000KB but try to stay as far away from 1000KB as you possibly can.

If you use any image shaders, audio files or anything that's downloaded, you'll want to look at having them compressed too.

How can I compress them?

• Administrators

When you're worried about RAM don't use PNG format. Using DDS your image will occupy 3-4x less RAM while staying at a fixed image file size. It does increase your server download, but if you're concerned about memory usage you may not want to use PNG or JPEG.

Try halving the resolution of all of your textures. 3MB or anything beyond 1024x pixels is overkill, usually you get away with 256x or 512x pixels. Unless of course it needs resolution to be read you may want to use 1024x.

If you have a modeler on your team refer them to use built-in mesh optimization in their software. Highlight the importance of exporting meshes correctly; World objects should NEVER have vertex normals as their pipeline does not support it. Vertex normals also increases file size by a good 20-40 percentage. Your average DFF model has too high poly density - look into how GTA SA models are created in terms of topology and start adjusting to their standard.

20 hours ago, Tut said:

If you have a modeler on your team refer them to use built-in mesh optimization in their software. Highlight the importance of exporting meshes correctly; World objects should NEVER have vertex normals as their pipeline does not support it. Vertex normals also increases file size by a good 20-40 percentage. Your average DFF model has too high poly density - look into how GTA SA models are created in terms of topology and start adjusting to their standard.

I also own a server but i do not have modelers,i get the mods from gta san andreas modified cars. Is there any site tha have good mods (for cars) built with those settings/standards?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, manoG said:

I also own a server but i do not have modelers,i get the mods from gta san andreas modified cars. Is there any site tha have good mods (for cars) built with those settings/standards?

A lot of modding sites has low poly vehicles. Look out for tags "low poly" and "GTA SA" or "SA Style" and you will get a lot of decent results. Libertycity.net is decent but as always, access mod sites at your own discretion.

On 28/11/2020 at 03:37, Tut said:

When you're worried about RAM don't use PNG format. Using DDS your image will occupy 3-4x less RAM while staying at a fixed image file size. It does increase your server download, but if you're concerned about memory usage you may not want to use PNG or JPEG.

Try halving the resolution of all of your textures. 3MB or anything beyond 1024x pixels is overkill, usually you get away with 256x or 512x pixels. Unless of course it needs resolution to be read you may want to use 1024x.

UPDATE:
I have optimized every .txd and the problem still exists... Is there any other thing I can do?

Is there a possiblitie of the problematic being originated by a script?

• Administrators

I'm not very knowledgeable on code - I'd leave that info for someone else to hand out. I believe code can be very memory demanding though, things like attachments.

How does your txd, col and dff statistics look now? What is the highest file size you have for 1 file and what is the average size of each file type?

6 hours ago, Tut said:

I'm not very knowledgeable on code - I'd leave that info for someone else to hand out. I believe code can be very memory demanding though, things like attachments.

How does your txd, col and dff statistics look now? What is the highest file size you have for 1 file and what is the average size of each file type?

I am not able to do much about dff (i do not understand about it), but the .txd average was 3.000 KB and now is around 800/1000 KB.