MTA loads with around 15 fps

MrExzibit

Question

Hello

My issue is simple to explain, only difficult for me to understand as to why it happens.

Basically, 1 in 2 chances  I will open up MTA and will be stuck at around 15 fps as apposed to 60 (both in menu and any server). The way I would go around fixing it would be either, A: Running this cleaner tool from Asus which would remove unnecessary background processes (Windows & Some of my apps). I stopped doing it because it would mess up my Wallpaper Engine and Corsair iCue. Method B: is me changing my in-game setting screen type from borderless keep res to standard. This would obviously require me to restart my game, and then I would have to switch back to borderless keep res. 2 restarts later and that would fix my MTA (Whenever i switch from borderless to standard I'm back at 60 fps, thing is that I just don't like alt tabbing with standard).

This issue was active as well before I formatted my PC fairly recently and installing it onto my new SSD. I'm all up to date on everything I'm pretty sure. W10, gpu and cpu drivers, bios etc. Running the game in admin mode also doesn't help.

I've ran the MTADiag tool, here are the results https://pastebin.mtasa.com/878008193

Hopefully someone knows the reason for this happening and can help out.

Thanks for reading

15 answers to this question

Apparently it is a large sector of the community that is having poor performance, 
this week I changed my graphics card (GT 730) for one (RX 550) that has double or even triple the power of the GT 730 and gives me less than 
50 FPS on any server, (The GT 730 gave me a stable 60 FPS) and it is not a problem with the RX 550 since games like 
Gta V move them with the graphics up to a stable 60 FPS, from what several people say performance problems started when I upgraded to version 1.5.8.

Edited by LukiCGO
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Gotta admit that i've heard multiple users say the same thing, that they are suddenly lagging on all servers..

If it's an MTA issue, then not everyone is affected. Some are. It would be nice if we can get more affected users to post in here.. (and for all of them to post an MTADiag log)

Thing is, it can just be the timing around 1.5.8 release - tests that i performed with others who said they were affected, returned the result "still lagging" after forcibly downgrading to 1.5.7 and making sure they stay on it during the test. So if it's the timing, these users may have something in common, like interference from certain software, bad driver, an update to something else or the OS, etcetera. Then, MTADiag logs can help us find what they have in common.

Edited by Dutchman101
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Someone that had this problem managed to fix it by uninstalling the latest "Windows 10 Cumulative update". It might indicate something that Microsoft changed conflicts with MTA (or some games in general) if the system meets certain requirements. Also, some people suggested the latter (being affected or not) has to do with having a PC with AMD / ATI hardware.

What to do next

Anyone else that's affected, please go to Windows Update, and take a screenshot of the "Update history / View update history" window. Click all categories, so we can see all entries.

After sharing the screenshot in this topic, check if there's a cumulative update that got recently installed. If there is, uninstall it to see if it has to do with these lag issues, then re-test and let us know of the results.

Edited by Dutchman101

In my update history it does not put any cumulative update, on the other hand, I conducted a survey on my server and several people with AMD graphics, both dedicated cards or integrated graphics from ryzen, significantly reduced the performance in mta, other people noticed a high consumption ram after 1.5.8 and a low majority did not suffer any performance drop after 1.5.8.

Edited by LukiCGO
42 minutes ago, LukiCGO said:

I tried adding the Mta as a non-steam game and I still have low FPS, it is something very strange but it is necessary for Mta to solve it because you do not get a good gaming experience.

I'm curious whether you receive the same issue as I did. 

I read your previous post earlier today and saw you mention you'd receive lower fps than usual. Difference in my case was that I would load MTA and in the menu I would have around 15 fps locked, no up and no down.

Worth a try really to see whether my temporary fix works for you as well.

Try switching from whichever screen mode you have on (standard, borderless window keep res and windowed) to another one and back to your original whether it improves or not 

I already tried the resolution in the window and the truth is not improving at all, my problem is the low FPS in the game, but people on my server who have a GT 1030 that has a lower performance level than my graph and they are doing at a stable 60 fps, even with ENB series on.

The Drivers I use are the latest version of AMD That came out on 10/19/2020 If I remember correctly, and there is better than to check the history of Windows Updates and I HAVE 2 cumulative Updates (I do not want to uninstall them more than anything for fear to malfunction, I recently used Windows 10 and I don't want to damage anything).

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by LukiCGO
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Ok, so in at least 2 cases from this topic it was the update KB4579311. Even the update date (13 Oct) would correspond with the release of MTA 1.5.8, to create that feeling.

That update number is for Windows 10 Version 2004, and from other users I've heard are experiencing this (those mentioned in my first post) at least 1 had the corresponding update, which contains the same changes but has a different number (KB4577671) due to it being for Windows 10 Version 1903 & 1909.

We still need more replies from others, but for now i would like to ask:

@MrExzibit please move the game to Steam again, so you can re-test. If it starts to happen again, then please try removing that Windows Update in order to find out if that was the cause (if the lag disappears when you re-test with the game under Steam). I hope you're willing to do this test, for the greater good.

@LukiCGO to reconsider "not testing to remove a Windows Update, afraid of messing something up" in the light of doing it for the greater good (helping MTA get some results)

And of course, for other affected users to keep posting here and hopefully to be willing of performing some tests as well.

Also, @hazemalassi who was having the same issue but posted about it in a different topic - please come into this one and read some of the requests (e.g getting Windows update history and graphics driver version)

2 hours ago, Dutchman101 said:

Ok, so in at least 2 cases from this topic it was the update KB4579311. Even the update date (13 Oct) would correspond with the release of MTA 1.5.8, to create that feeling.

That update number is for Windows 10 Version 2004, and from other users I've heard are experiencing this (those mentioned in my first post) at least 1 had the corresponding update, which contains the same changes but has a different number (KB4577671) due to it being for Windows 10 Version 1903 & 1909.

We still need more replies from others, but for now i would like to ask:

@MrExzibit please move the game to Steam again, so you can re-test. If it starts to happen again, then please try removing that Windows Update in order to find out if that was the cause (if the lag disappears when you re-test with the game under Steam). I hope you're willing to do this test, for the greater good.

@LukiCGO to reconsider "not testing to remove a Windows Update, afraid of messing something up" in the light of doing it for the greater good (helping MTA get some results)

And of course, for other affected users to keep posting here and hopefully to be willing of performing some tests as well.

Also, @hazemalassi who was having the same issue but posted about it in a different topic - please come into this one and read some of the requests (e.g getting Windows update history and graphics driver version)

So this is interesting, yesterday on this post I replied saying that I've not had the issue in around 3 to 4 days. Tried to see whether the issue would occur again however Mta was still running normaly.

I tried re-creating the bug and succeeded. However, it doesn't really make sense. The way I was able to re-create it was by making the MTA.exe always open as admin. What's strange about this is that even before making this thread, I was running mta without admin privilages and would still receive the bug.

It gets even stranger... I've never actually checked accurately what fps I get (100% feels constant low fps), however. I downloaded Fraps and loaded up bugged MTA to see what fps I actually receive. The results are weird...

Below i've uploaded an example video to show what happens when the bug is active (Includes me joining a server)

Below is a video demonstration on me opening mta with the bug as well as my temporary fix

I would love to collaborate, but I really do not dare to uninstall things that may be useful for my system, on the other hand, the menu works the same as it is seen in the video executed with admin privileges, but I did not give it importance for which is not something that bothered me either.