Processor

ciclano

Question

I have a big question, I was wondering if my VPS processor influences something in terms of my server's performance. I currently use an Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz
I was wondering if getting an I7 would have any influence on my server in terms of performance or fps.

Another question I have is whether the MTA uses all the resources of my VPS automatically, or if an update is needed. I'm experiencing lag problems, simple things, like it takes a long time to open the p panel, the chat messages take a while to go up, and my vps resources are below half available, so I think the MTA is not using everything that the vps has.

4 answers to this question

• Moderators
8 hours ago, ciclano said:

so I think the MTA is not using everything that the vps has.

Or it is not available, you have neighbours after all. Especially when they put too many VPS instances on 1 server, with slow storage solutions or not enough internet bandwidth. Of course it can be an MTA issue after all, but you want to benchmark that correctly by comparing it with another VPS.

If it takes too long to open the admin panel (every single time, instead only the first time), that it is more often caused by slow internet. (in my experience)

Topic moved to server

Edited by IIYAMA
2 hours ago, IIYAMA said:

Or it is not available, you have neighbours after all. Especially when they put too many VPS instances on 1 server, with slow storage solutions or not enough internet bandwidth. Of course it can be an MTA issue after all, but you want to benchmark that correctly by comparing it with another VPS.

If it takes too long to open the admin panel (every single time, instead only the first time), that it is more often caused by slow internet. (in my experience)

Topic moved to server

I have 16 colors, 10 ram and 5GBPs of network. The resources of my VPS are not even half of what is available. The big question is that I get these lag problems as it takes time for the chat to go up, it takes time to open panels when I get 190 online or more.

I keep an eye on the performancebrowser and the ipb but nothing unusual appears, the maximum is some scripts reaching 30% -40% but it is a quick thing, quickly return to 5%. I have no solutions to find out what is really lagging my server

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ciclano said:

I have 16 colors, 10 ram and 5GBPs of network. The resources of my VPS are not even half of what is available. The big question is that I get these lag problems as it takes time for the chat to go up, it takes time to open panels when I get 190 online or more.

I keep an eye on the performancebrowser and the ipb but nothing unusual appears, the maximum is some scripts reaching 30% -40% but it is a quick thing, quickly return to 5%. I have no solutions to find out what is really lagging my server

I think you meant cores* (auto correction?) More cores will only relieve the main MTA server thread from doing other tasks. So you could have gone with less cores and not even notice the difference.

About the network. Your server can bombard your clients with an 5GBPs amount of bandwidth, but that doesn't mean the clients will be able to handle it.

If you are 100% sure that it max usage is 40%, then I would recommend to check the packets that going in an out per client.

Use this command:

/shownetstat 1

And send me a screenshot at the point where you have 190 players in your server.

That's when we can see if there is a possible resource that kills the network. (for example use too frequently elementdata)

On 22/10/2020 at 09:52, IIYAMA said:

Eu acho que você quis dizer núcleos* (correção automática?) Mais núcleos só aliviarão o segmento principal do servidor MTA de fazer outras tarefas. Então você poderia ter ido com menos núcleos e nem notar a diferença.

Sobre a rede. Seu servidor pode bombardear seus clientes com uma quantidade de 5GBPs de largura de banda, mas isso não significa que os clientes serão capazes de lidar com isso.

Se você tem 100% de certeza de que o uso máximo é de 40%, então eu recomendaria verificar os pacotes que saem por cliente.

Use este comando:

/shownetstat 1

E me envie uma captura de tela no ponto onde você tem 190 jogadores em seu servidor.

É quando podemos ver se há um recurso possível que mata a rede. (por exemplo, usar dados de elementos com muita frequência)

I am not having any problems right now, but I am sending you to see if there is anything abnormal even if it is not lagging at the moment.

Earlier today I reached 200 and unfortunately it lagged but I was unable to execute the command, the players were delayed to open the panel and others heard the voices of the players crashing.

Is there any way to talk to you besides the forum so that you can help me with this problem, if necessary I can pay.

https://imgur.com/a/XxHZksm