Vote to remove "911" maps eg "9-11" maps from centre

Remove the maps from Community Centre?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Remove the maps from Community Centre?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a political site, but you've all been very civil in your arguments and it's an interesting debate, so I'm going to leave this topic unlocked.

My post was civil, and it got deleted. :evil:

I can't comment on that because I didn't see the post.

292 views, and only 24 votes? C'mon people, don't be afraid to vote.

And I agree, It is a choice of the server Admin, but I still think it's wrong to host them.

Think about the rules Rockstar had to follow to make GTA. If this map was incorperated into GTASA scripts, do u think it would have got on the shelves?

I understand freedom of speech ect. ect.

The point was to squash these sick ppl and teach them a lesson.

Some ppl think I am to hard on it and I should let it go, but I think u r all to soft on it....

Thread turned out good! Keep going!

But there's nothing too finish.

The war on "terror" (which this is about now...you know since we didn't find any WMD's there) is about as pointless as trying to fight with a shadow. You can't hunt down and snuff out an idea. You can kill that idea by showing people what you can offer that's better. Which is exactly what those in power in Iraq now need to do.

I agree and that's how I feel about this war. What I mean, in specific to Iraq, though, is that we need to stay and there and finish helping the Iraqi government get on its feet.

If we leave NOW it'll be chaotic for Iraq and Iraqis. Other than cleaning it from many (we're not done)terrorists we have been opening schools, hospitals, new jobs, etc. I looked at the figures in the Time magazine last year and I was very surprised. That's what we I meant when I said we need to finish.

Help Iraq, have them as an ally which we need to defend our nation, and bring our soldiers back. Afghanista ... now that's that a different story. Let's concentrate on building Iraq first, imho.

The main reason being that there isn't any type of EULA that comes with MTA. To a lesser extent MTA is open source software. Limiting the creative control of what people can do would be no different than trying to strike down a *nix distro simply because the word "f@ggot" appears in it's code somewhere.
:roll:

I suggest you go install MTA again, there is a license in there, and you know you should read it. Cause from the moment you clicked on the i agree you technicaly signed a contract ...

Touche. I suppose I should clarify then that within the "eula" there is no mention of limiting the use of it due to tastelessness. :roll:

MTA is not open source software.

Hence why I said: "To a lesser extent MTA is open source software." As in: Not exactly of the same ilk, but carrying properties like.

I certainly dont think these maps should be deleted. Yes lots of people died on 9/11 but people die from getting shot everyday so that means you shouldnt be able to shoot people on gta?!? Things happen, lives go on, if your not happy with this map then simply leave the server you are on and come back later. Just because you find this subject touchy you ask for it to be banned.. im sure there is people who find other subjects upsetting but just get on with it.

Many people experience things in their lives that affect them - 9/11 affected many people, but equally as others have said many people have been affected by murder and other violence and theres a lot of that in GTA and many movies. These people generally don't campaign to stop violent games and movies, they just don't play or watch them. So, if you don't like a map - don't play it - make a point and "vote with your feet" by not playing on servers with it on - tell whoever is running it this fact.

Nationalism has caused many wars, so lets keep it out of the discussion.

Okay MTA Team. Let me make something perfectly clear.

Mind you, this is coming from a MTA player since the begginging of .3

Should you guys condone these kinds of maps, in any way shape or form, by either making them, supporting their ideals, or hosting them, I will never support or play MTA again. Ever.

It's not right, it's not morally acceptable. Get that garbage out of here, because it doesn't belong. :|

Should you guys condone these kinds of maps, in any way shape or form, by either making them, supporting their ideals, or hosting them, I will never support or play MTA again. Ever.

It's not right, it's not morally acceptable. Get that garbage out of here, because it doesn't belong. :|

The MTA team doesn't make or support their ideals, but we can't censor the maps. I don't support the maps but I also don't support the "if we don't talk about it, it never happened" attitude either.

Btw, in a game where you have sex with prostitutes and then kill them without paying them, or run over innocent old ladies, you can't argue about moral acceptability.

Okay MTA Team. Let me make something perfectly clear.

Mind you, this is coming from a MTA player since the begginging of .3

That's like saying.. you're never going to play a game with even the slightest amount of violence, sex or drugs. Neither of us support the bombings of 911; people have their Freedom/Freedom of Speech Act and may do as they please in regards to map development. Admins have their choice of adding these types of maps to their servers (as such someone said above). No one's forcing you to play on a server with those maps; one less player won't make a difference to the MTA community. It's not that big a deal. It is a recreation of the events which happened on that day which is now history. Personally, I wouldn't want to play that type of map either, but I don't mind that it's on the MTA Centre.

• MTA Team

Rob, please read everything again. We do not support these maps, i think most people find them immoral, however it is not up to us to censor anything.

And in the end, where do you draw the line?

A lot of people think the GTA series in general should be outlawed, yet you are playing that game where you have to kill people, fight gangs, come in contact with drugs, where killing cops is rewarding and so on.

Some people die for their ideals, other think those same ideals are completly wrong. But can one man or one roup tell other people what they should beleive in, what they should do? Should we delete freedom from our dictionary?

• MTA Team

Terrorist to one, freedom fighter to another.

And no, that is not where you draw the line, cause basicly if that is how you determn your moral values then you shoudn't be playing GTA or any violant game at all.

If you have moral problems with smoeone flying a big jet into some virtual buildings then you should have the same problems with shooting on a cemetery in public (something you do in GTA). Killing someone on holy ground? come on. And the gang wars? That is basicly terrorizing a neighberhood.

Or take a game like BF2, where you can play as an iraqsi soldier, that was the enemy you know, BF Vietnam playing as a Vietnamese? I guess you would have problems with that too.

You draw the line between being a E-Gangsta and being a terrorist who killed 3,000 people.

Actually, you wouldn't be killing 3000 people. You'd be an E-Terrorist as well. I'm not trivialising 9/11 but gangsters kill more than 3000 people per year.

You draw the line between being a E-Gangsta and being a terrorist who killed 3,000 people.

That's where you draw the line.

correction ... thats where you draw the line

well , fine ..dont play the map .. problem solved

called freedom of speech

i wont go in the whole political debate but mind this

some people might argue that giving up your rights like freedom of speech. .. or some rights revoked by patriot act .. or things like having to have ID on you .. allowing government to document everything (ie. internet traffic) ... and well a very very very long and scary list of changes thought of since 911

...... is far worse (pick one :: than the maps, the 9/11 incident , or terrorisme in general)

i wont even say how well such measures work against terrorisme

removing the map wont remove history

but my final stand

if you dont wanna fly a virtualplane into a virtualbuilding , dont play the map...

removing the map is like giving in to terrorism

• MTA Team

Having a valid photo ID with you has been required in my country for ages, everyone from the age 12 upwards is required to have it and personnaly i do not have a problem with it. And i can not see what the problem would be. Isn't it better when law enforcers can verify someone's identity in an easy way?

Having a valid photo ID with you has been required in my country for ages, everyone from the age 12 upwards is required to have it and personnaly i do not have a problem with it. And i can not see what the problem would be. Isn't it better when law enforcers can verify someone's identity in an easy way?

(minus photo)

a ID , ages ? here ... from 1940 - 1945 and since 2004 (or 05 cant remember)

and true , its more easy for police (not to mention more profitable).. but it was also mentioned to be helpfull against terrorisme

but , lets not go off topic too much

edit .. soz i just saw you are from belgium

but did you have to have ID on you before 2001 ?

i understand that people feel offended by these maps, but i dont think they should be removed.

As the 9/11 shouldn't be removed from history books, it shouldn't have happened at all.

and i don't see any support for these maps by the MTA team, it's ridiculous to even state that.

bco having an ID with you since 9/11:

here in Germany people think you have to have your ID in your pocket, thats just not right. You're bound by the law to be in posession of a valid ID (with a picture) but you don't have to have it with you...

PS: personally i won't play 9/11 maps, as i like the RACE part of mta not the go-by-plane-and-crash part.

• MTA Team

95% where did you get that number?

And i really hate it that you still don't get it. OK, another try.

What is the most popular online shooter ?

Counter Strike

Name one of the teams in that game.

Terrorists

Do you think CS should be made illegal ??? Is Cs immoral ???

as for terror, beeing a greek word, which simply means "fear", Terrorist are people who spread fear.

I know one person, that spread a lot of fear. You wouldn't call that person a terrorist.

still some do.

bco counter-strike:

aren't you supposed to bomb stuff in that game? And pay attention that it is not defused.

Sometimes it happens, that you still get bombed too, but for the TEAM-WIN no costs are too high...