Vote to remove "911" maps eg "9-11" maps from centre

Remove the maps from Community Centre?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Remove the maps from Community Centre?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with jon, what the content in these maps.

It might just be a coincidense that there called this (eg: 911 emergency?) :oops:

I also want to point out that athough 9/11 (or 11/9) really sucked for all those who were effected by it. Can we PLEASE put it into perspective that it is not the worst thing that has ever happened. ok, :?

I somtimes think it is has always been blown out of proportion :letitallout:

just my point of view

-tom

There was one where you all started in aeroplanes, and the last checkpoint was directly in front of a building; the main objective of the race was to crash the planes into the building.

They should be removed, and the uploader should be banned.

There was one where you all started in aeroplanes, and the last checkpoint was directly in front of a building; the main objective of the race was to crash the planes into the building.

They should be removed, and the uploader should be banned.

In that case, remove "Irak" too, those poor people gets blown up by mines. :roll:

Do we really want the map comunity to be censored? If you dont like the map, vote on it.

I totally understand the point of view of the request, but I don't support it. I'm an American myself and feel as strongly about 911 as the next guy, but if someone decided to make a race and upload it there's nothing we should (can) do about it. He is simply doing what he wants.

Now, if anything, we should go after the admins who use them in their server, if at all.

------

If we remove 911 then we would be forced to remove other maps under the same criteria, such as Irak and whatnot.

Look at it this way though, you can rate it negative in the center and it'll probably never been seen as people look for the top rated.

Cheers,

John

There are three or four 9/11 movies in development at the moment, so people will have to face that it happened sooner or later. I don't think the community centre should be censored though. If it was censored, it would stop being the community centre in my opinion.

I brought this up as a point.

These maps are wrong, I cant believe anyone said to keep them.

Go ahead play them, then decide.

My heart sunk the minute my plane left the ground.

As like some, I interpretted the Title of the map as 911.

It wasn't until that point, the realization of it all started sinking in.

A checkpoint or two passed then there it was, a huge builing in the middle of a busy city.

Well, just to say, I quit the map. Never struck the building.

Play them, try them, them come back and vote.

Im not american, I am canadian. What the hell is going on here?

And this isn't about the map Irak, driving down the highway in a sports car, with explosive barrels does not resemble Irak. It's just the idea.

• MTA Team

Who are we to judge what people want? Those maps could be controversial, but it is up to the server admin to decide if he/she wants it on the server.

9/11 was a tragedy. Just under three thousand people died that day.

Since then the Americans have killed somewhere in between 35 000 to 100 000 innocent people died in Irak and lost more then 3000 soldiers on the battlefield as well. Some people think that that is even worse then what happend on 9/11. Isn't it time then that we start banning games like BF2, AA, ...?

• MTA Team

Let's put it differently.

As far as i am concerned, these maps fall under the freedom of speech.

Just some weeks ago some cartoons have upset the moslim world cause they were making fun of Muhammed, and the entire western world was screaming that it was there right of freedom of speech to publisch those cartoons.

And now when someone makes something about 9/11 we should start removing it?

I don't think these maps are showing good taste, and i certainly woudn't want them on a server i own, but that does not mean we can just delete them.

While I don't really approve of the maps, it's really not our place to remove them. The main reason being that there isn't any type of EULA that comes with MTA. To a lesser extent MTA is open source software. Limiting the creative control of what people can do would be no different than trying to strike down a *nix distro simply because the word "f@ggot" appears in it's code somewhere.

Who are we to judge what people want? Those maps could be controversial, but it is up to the server admin to decide if he/she wants it on the server.

9/11 was a tragedy. Just under three thousand people died that day.

Since then the Americans have killed somewhere in between 35 000 to 100 000 innocent people died in Irak and lost more then 3000 soldiers on the battlefield as well. Some people think that that is even worse then what happend on 9/11. Isn't it time then that we start banning games like BF2, AA, ...?

Those numbers are inflated. They include "civilian" combatants who are not an actual part of an armed military. IE: They include any random joe who picks up a gun and shoots at US troops. They also include resistance forces who are fighting against the US. Subtract those numbers and the total number since the beginning of the war drops drastically. I remember how my World Politics Prof went on about this for over an hour. And it's not as if this is the first time this has happened, it's just a fact of life. In any given war "civilian" casualties are high. The only reason it's put under a microscope now is simply because the war now isn't really a war, it's just like another Vietnam. Instead of backing out and seeing what the country does (and offering some help) we're determined to beat back an enemy that can't be beaten simply because in reality it doesn't exist as any singular entity.

some people seem to be a little oversensative about this particular incident. the fact is that GTA thrives on controversy, juvinile humour, and just generally pushing the envelope.

everyone has different opinions on different matters. go ahead and express yours in a civil way, but don't impede others from doing the same.

People who want to play this map can play it, I think its quite funny. Boom, Baby.

Every day, american people use so much money to buy themselves useless stuff, which they throw away the next day, it could help thousands of starving people to prevent them from dieing. Do you care? No. Nobody cares, because its not you, who is suffering. In fact, you even don't give a sh!t just the moment I tell you about it. In fact you will go on living like you do. Yes, its your money, I don't bother you spend it on the cookies you eat, even if the bread tastes better. Wo would mind you blowing money in the air with your car, just because you forgot to buy the jam, and you just can't live without it.

Welcome to the hypocritical world of an American's mind.

Leave the maps where they are.

I gonna have real fun playing them again, again, again, again, again, again, and again. Just for the fact I want to see your sanctimonious face while I blow. Hey, its Bits'n'Bytes, isn't it?

P.S.:

Whoever feels offended - don't forget to explode. :P

The only reason it's put under a microscope now is simply because the war now isn't really a war, it's just like another Vietnam. Instead of backing out and seeing what the country does (and offering some help) we're determined to beat back an enemy that can't be beaten simply because in reality it doesn't exist as any singular entity.

Backing out? They'd kill echother and themselves :?

The only reason it's put under a microscope now is simply because the war now isn't really a war, it's just like another Vietnam. Instead of backing out and seeing what the country does (and offering some help) we're determined to beat back an enemy that can't be beaten simply because in reality it doesn't exist as any singular entity.

Indeed. Give it back to the people. We removed the problem. Now it's time to give it back to the people and let them run their own country. It's almost like we're the worlds largest babysitting service now.

Indeed. Give it back to the people. We removed the problem. Now it's time to give it back to the people and let them run their own country. It's almost like we're the worlds largest babysitting service now.

Now? We have been the world babysitter since we became the world's biggest economy and the only world power postWWII. We have the Cold War to thank for that.

Anyways, although I don't support the war, if we back out now we'd just lose too much. IMHO we need to stick it out for whatever time is needed.*

You're right, we eliminated the enemy in Iraq but if we leave now they are just going to return. It's a very hard battle.

/decision.

*: I don't have any family fighting in Iraq so those are my sentiments. I'm sure if I did I would be thinking otherwise. But right now we should just finish the job that we started.

PS: That's one of the main problems about this war on terrorism. When we were attacked in WW2, the entire nation had one island to point to: Japan. We knew who our enemy was. We knew we got attacked without any warning. We willingly gave up our normal amounts of food, our supply of gasoline and sacrificed a lot. But now, in this war, no one is really sacrificing anything.

It's true, we're living our life as if the war wasn't happening ... Main problem I see is that the terrorists are not a country and we can't identify them as a true enemy.

Oh well. We'll see what happens.

But there's nothing too finish.

The war on "terror" (which this is about now...you know since we didn't find any WMD's there) is about as pointless as trying to fight with a shadow. You can't hunt down and snuff out an idea. You can kill that idea by showing people what you can offer that's better. Which is exactly what those in power in Iraq now need to do.

• MTA Team
The main reason being that there isn't any type of EULA that comes with MTA. To a lesser extent MTA is open source software. Limiting the creative control of what people can do would be no different than trying to strike down a *nix distro simply because the word "f@ggot" appears in it's code somewhere.
:roll:

I suggest you go install MTA again, there is a license in there, and you know you should read it. Cause from the moment you clicked on the i agree you technicaly signed a contract ...