verificating client

Guest Chomiq

I get this whenever trying to connect to a server with more than 4 players. Any server with less than 4 works, more than 4, and i can't connect.

Been this way since 1.0, and i'm now on 1.1.1 .. i can join a server, then have 20 people show up, and i'm fine..

:|

Oops, it's become worse.

I now get "Client Verification Failed" on any server with more than 2 people, and I get "You have been kicked from the console (suspected cheating)" whenever trying to join a server with 1 or 0. :(

it was working "fine" (except for the aforementioned Client Verification) when I installed 1.1.1 yesterday, I went to play right after posting here, though, and now I can't join anyone anywhere.

I have no mods installed... :(

right i no i have a modded game it took me a month to do it its not anything that will effect how i play in game its just car changes and buildings made new new roads new names what im trying to say is will there be anyway of me playing with my game lkike this i dont want to reinstall game as i would have wasted my time making it modded please please please make it possible for me to play :(:(:(

right i no i have a modded game it took me a month to do it its not anything that will effect how i play in game its just car changes and buildings made new new roads new names what im trying to say is will there be anyway of me playing with my game lkike this i dont want to reinstall game as i would have wasted my time making it modded please please please make it possible for me to play :(:(:(

Car changes don't effect how you play? :?

Install a clean copy of SA to use for MTA and just keep your old one.

You know, you can have 2 copies of GTA SA on your computer. Install MTA to your newly installed GTA SA and leave the old, modded one for single player. It sure takes a lot of hard drive space, but if you want to keep your mods, thats what you gotta do. So you have a clean copy for MTA and a modded copy for singleplayer.

i wud but as you said it takes up hd space i did try to do it once but it only gave me to install the one i had on my system?? also i had the same kind of mods for vice and i cud play mta 0.41 becouse someone made summet called no-crc mta0.5 client by drugs this stoped the client check but i dought anyone cud do this for the blue mtasa as its more advanced

right i put the data folder back to normal i still have my cars modded only there not faster than they should be ete but it did take my maps away meaning i no longer have extra islands but oh well it all runs fine now and thank god i dident have to change my cars back :):):)

one thing that would be -really- nice would be if the client would TELL the user what the hell the problem is.. Useless error messages are a thing from the 90's. :D

Reinstalling is far less than an optimal choice, i was given the game for my birthday last year, and I don't have a DVD drive, so I had to cart the computer to a friend's house, LAN it up, and install via network :D

If I knew what file was screwey, i could just fix that one file.

A clean install of 1.0 should never generate a failed verification. If it fails, it must be a user created problem (e.g. they have mods installed), so they should be able to fix it. If we added more descriptive errors it would help cheaters.