Problem with the serverlist.

Guest Auran

Hey,

Not sure if anyone else has seen this problem, i did a search but nothing came up.

Whenever i go into MTA 1.1.1 and use the server browser, i end up seeing all of the servers available, with no info except IP address. When i try to connect to them, i always receive a Connection Failed message.

The problem i've found, is that the server listings come up with the ASE port for me to try and connect my game to. So if i want to play a game in a server with other people, i have to write the IP down on a piece of paper, and type it into the Quick Connect area instead.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but i wonder if there's any fix available for it.

Auran

PS> i have already reinstalled MTA twice after discovering this problem.

did you leave it on the browse screen for a (lot longer) while

im not sure that it will help , but since all the pings in the images are relatively high , it might be so easy that it simply isnt done loading the list

else try opening your firewall / NAT a bit

it's not a firewall problem.

I reckon it's to do with the problem that i'm being given the ASE ports as game ports.

they should be 22003 if default, but i'm being given 22126 which is ASE.

Any thoughts?

I reckon it's to do with the problem that i'm being given the ASE ports as game ports.

they should be 22003 if default, but i'm being given 22126 which is ASE.

Any thoughts?

which ports are open ?

through my router, i have 22003 and 22126 forwarded directly to the machine i have MTA on, because i do occaisionally run a server myself.

Turn off the port forwarding to see if the problem dissappears. Then you know for sure...

i tested whether it was my router last night.

and it wasn't. i turned off all the ports being forwarded, tried it again on both machines that have mta here and both were given the wrong ports.

Also i should add that once i have the serverlist up, i can't refresh the list due to a "can't connect to server" error.

This isn't a router problem, you do NOT need to initiate direct connection to the server browser, and therefore you do not need to open ports for it. I don't have any of the MTA ports open and the server browser works fine for me.

I think this is an ASE bug. Unfortunately, MTA doesn't pay them any money so they offer us no support at all. That makes the problem difficult to solve.

I agree. ASE are providing the list to the client PC so it's gotta be something there. Rolling back to pre v1.1.1 should eliminate the issue. Could you try this just to be sure?

I've just experienced something LIKE your issue...

When I opened the serverlist in MTA I saw the ports 22126 etc next to the server names whilst the list is still updating.

Once it becomes idle, the ports change to the real ports e.g. 22003. And I could see server names also. I cant say that I noticed this before so maybe it's normal, but in your case it's not getting that far - let alone the server names not showing....

So I reckon some sort of connectivity issue is to blame for your symptoms. Using wireless by any chance?

Sorry for yet another post but....

I have replicated your issue EXACTLY. I did this by telling my software firewall 'Zone Alarm Pro' not to allow GTASA.EXE to accept connections.

This is a 'Program Permission' and ZA will typically throw this up when a new program tries to accept connections or if a n existing program's (.exe) checksum has changed.

Just thought it was worth mentioning :D. Oh and the reason I never noticed the ASE ports in the list is becuas of the column width.