Port Forwarding Problem...i think

Motokid600

Question

Ok, im using this tut

http://www.portforward.com/english/rout ... ftAuto.htm

If u scroll down at the bottom ull see u need to enter this

| Application | | Start | End | Protocol | Ip Address | | Enabled |

MultiTheftAuto1 2003 2003 BOTH 192.168.1.*** YES

( You'll see that at the bottom, so i went there in Internet Explorer ( i enterd 192.1.1 in the Address bar ), then i enterd teh password it gave me, then went to Applications and Gaming and Enterd everything as it said, BUT the Application part where u have to enter MultiTheftAuto1 You cant do that! It doesnt let me type that big of a word! i copied and pasted MultiTheftAuto1 into the Application box and i go this MultiTh ( Thats as far as it lets me type!!! )

WTF?!

I also have another question...

Since u have to setup a Static IP( Which i did by going to the Properties section of my internet connection ) so i set that up then whent to where im having problems for the first question, but before i went to Applications and Gaming ( In Setup )I saw the same thing i did in the properties section of my internet connection. It said Obtain an Ip Automaticly. so do i have to switch that to Static Ip and enter my IP, DNS Server, Subnet Mask, ect?

Static_ObtainIPautocopy.jpg

or no?

Also i have another computer upstaris running off the same modem. do i have to Portforward that and set it to a Static Ip also?

7 answers to this question

The screenshots are too small to read. Post one with a higher resolution, so we can actually read them.

Oh and you seem to string your posts together and they turn out as just a pile of non-descriptive crap and are difficult as fuck to understand. Try making some more sense and I will be able to help.

It doesn't matter if you can't fit the whole name in there, that name is just for your reference. You could just use MTA for the rule name.

And I'm thinking the reason it didn't work when you set it to static IP (turned off DHCP), is that in doing so you turned off your auto DNS. You might need to enter your router's internal IP as your DNS server. Hope that makes sense.

Sorry I missed part of your post: If you are going to use static IP's then you need to:

1. Turn off DHCP on the router for the local, or LAN, side.

2. On the WAN or internet side you should still have DHCP and DNS etc. turned on.

3. On the router's internal side create a range for IP addresses.

4. On your local PC's set up to use a static IP, use something from the range you created on the router (IP and subnet mask). For DNS use the router's internal ip address (usually 192.168.0.1 or something similar)

well, where can i do all these changes?

"1. Turn off DHCP on the router for the local, or LAN, side.

2. On the WAN or internet side you should still have DHCP and DNS etc. turned on.

3. On the router's internal side create a range for IP addresses.

4. On your local PC's set up to use a static IP, use something from the range you created on the router (IP and subnet mask). For DNS use the router's internal ip address (usually 192.168.0.1 or something similar)"