new gamemodes

Guest natasian

1 race - objective: get to the finishline checkpoint first.

2 cop vs robber - objective: last team alive wins

3 deathmatch - objective: last player alive wins

4 freeroam - objective: none

ithink the mta team can develop thise modes further and make maps for them

post your ideas please

- tag : yes the game Tag .. one will have a CP glued to vehicle

- king of the hill : defend a area

- capture the flag : why am i explaining this - two teams , two flags ... go figure

- team deathmatch : deathmatch .. but with two teams

- team race / baton race : just like race .. but teamed up

think i seen a topic like this , but to be sure ill just add the other basic ones

Edited by Guest

the idea would be to implement the gamemodes so that evryone knows what to do on a map - and the gamemodes have different rulesets for eksample team colored bips on map on a cop\robber map and team spawns and a team scoreboard maybe

Some of these ideas have been mentioned before, which isnt any problem, still something to discuss about. New types of gamemodes should become available using the SDK program in the future at some point, this would obvious gives more in depth gameplay and creation, especially for modes like Capture the Flag for the DM version etc.

Cat N Mouse

A game where "cats" are something that can shoot (helicopter, tank or plane) and is trying to hunt down the "mice" (land going vehicles that cannot shoot, but maybe outrun the "cats") the mice wins as soon as they reach a checkpoint far far away (just one point, the way there should be free of choice by the mice) , or if the cats die (if they crash or something)

but it can also be without a certain checkpoint, just freeroam around the citys and woods, and hope that the cats mess up

Sounds interesting. Crime vs Justice etc.

but it can also be without a certain checkpoint, just freeroam around the citys and woods, and hope that the cats mess up

So the way to win this would be for whoever is the last person standing?

Or maybe a score target which the team(s) need to reach to be able to win the game. For example if the "Cats" destroy a vehicle from the "Mice", 1 point will be rewarded to the "Cats". But if the none of the "Mice" die for a certain time limit ( 1 Min eg. ) then a point will be rewarded to them.

Misc. kills like drowning, explodes into a tree, points could be reduced from their team perhaps.

Sounds interesting. Crime vs Justice etc.

So the way to win this would be for whoever is the last person standing?

Or maybe a score target which the team(s) need to reach to be able to win the game. For example if the "Cats" destroy a vehicle from the "Mice", 1 point will be rewarded to the "Cats". But if the none of the "Mice" die for a certain time limit ( 1 Min eg. ) then a point will be rewarded to them.

Misc. kills like drowning, explodes into a tree, points could be reduced from their team perhaps.

yes, my idea wasnt fully brainstormed, but i like your ideas

theyre great to be honest

I like your style :wink:

maybe a "point-match" like the teams collect points the best way they can for a certain time, could be great!

maybe the players can get the points but the team points counts, but nice to see which players are good

Hmm..

I rather have only 1 or 2 gamemodes, than having 5 or 6. I think to many options wouldnt be that succesfull at all.. And I know - Everybody is thinking about new features and gamemodes 'n stuff, although I rather have 1 or 2 really nice DM- and/or TDM servers, than several gamemodes like King of the hill, etc.

You wouldnt have to play every single one anyway, i do understand that people are splashing out all these new ideas and everyone has different opinions on them.

The SDK should suit alot of people, we could see alot of new modes which players can create and release to the public. Its up to yourself wheather to download them or not.

well depending what comes first, the mtaSA or an update for race mod .

if the race mod got release sooner, some gamemodes could be developed into the race mod as for example making team scores for an cop vs robber race also abjectives and colored team radarblips would be nice too. tho ithink even alot of this may be in the real mtaSA releas itself

an sdk sounds nice too !!