Memories, old times... Where have they gone?

:Rob

Question

I was thinking the other day... everyone keeps telling me that people still play MTA .5, so I bring up the server browser, and sure enough, there's like 3-4 servers with 10+ people, and then a bunch with 4-9.

So I'm like... heeey, this is pretty tight, I'll hop in and stubby me some ass. Turned up the rapz, grabbed my blunts box, just like old times, right? So I look at the servers, and I'm like... Where the hell is the partyserver?

:roll: MTA:VC Wojjie Partyserver - 0/12

Dissapointing, but oh well, right?

So I just picked the top server, and just go in. So there's a bunch of guys talking trash.. etc, and doing some scammy bs on a RPG script, which was like built into the admin script (wasnt a RPG script, it was like built in to a stats script or some sh1t.) So I'm like... oh goody, some RPG dudes I can flatten out. :wink:

So I spawn robber, and the first thing I notice (right before being spawnkilled) is that ther's 3 guys camping all 3 robber spawns, and spawncamping there, right? No admins, no mods, so I'm like w/e.

So I get out, and I'm driving around, see 2 people out in front of the bank. So I start shootin my m4 at em (Went n got the m4 pickup) and all of a sudden, they stop takin damage, and talking crap in the chatbox "ahahahaha pwnd" "lol owned nooblet" Etc.

(They paused.... ;o )

Is this really what MTA has come to?

I remember back in .4, that sh1t wouldn't fly for one goddamn minute. Pausing was a bannable offence, and if you got owned you just said n1 or gg, yo.

All that's left now is a pathetic handfull of disshonorable, arrogant, pompous, pimply faced 12 year old wanna be cool NERDS.

Where'd all the honor go? Where'd all the respect go?

:| This is really sad, more because I know what .3 and .4 was like. I remember those good times. It was fun!

Now all you do is go in a server, get asshandled by a bunch of blink182 loving trashtalkers, and then they try to suck you into some "I pwnd you" flame war.

I wanna bring back those good times.... I want em back. :(

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

A lot of long time players didn't like the fact their advantage knowing where to aim (not at the player!) was gone - the aim in 0.4 was spot on at last and new players could hit people! - and that some of the most horrible - and widely used - warp glitches were prevented, this turned them against it. For new players (and non glitchers) it was a delight. Combined with the inclusion at last of a playable gta3 version, more vehicles and better spawn locations (although again the old timers bemouned the moving of the robber - times change people! ;) ), the loss of the pathetic racer class in favour of the far cooler and more useful secret service. To name but a few features - check the manual for the full list :P

Sure it meant people turned to new and different glitches, mores the pity. That says more about people than it says about MTA Betas though :)

And finally theres the glory days syndrome, 0.3 coincided with the peak of interest in that old core (basically the same core was used from 0.2 through to 0.5) and therefore has a lot of good memories associated with it for all, myself included. Which takes us neatly back to the original question posed by this thread.

A lot of long time players didn't like the fact their advantage knowing where to aim (not at the player!) was gone - the aim in 0.4 was spot on at last and new players could hit people! - and that some of the most horrible - and widely used - warp glitches were prevented, this turned them against it. For new players (and non glitchers) it was a delight. Combined with the inclusion at last of a playable gta3 version, more vehicles and better spawn locations (although again the old timers bemouned the moving of the robber - times change people! ;) ), the loss of the pathetic racer class in favour of the far cooler and more useful secret service. To name but a few features - check the manual for the full list :P

Sure it meant people turned to new and different glitches, mores the pity. That says more about people than it says about MTA Betas though :)

And finally theres the glory days syndrome, 0.3 coincided with the peak of interest in that old core (basically the same core was used from 0.2 through to 0.5) and therefore has a lot of good memories associated with it for all, myself included. Which takes us neatly back to the original question posed by this thread.

I would say that 0.3 was better. 0.4 had TOO much crashes, and I knew how to aim (I think) rofl. Ahh.. the Prawn Island spawn wars, those pwned. I loved the cars that spawned there. I don't really like secret service, I rather go with an M4 (WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!)

LoL, I knew how to play better in 0.4, but I would stilll consider 0.3 as a better version though, since less crashes.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GETTING ADDED TO THE STFU LIST OF A ULK SERVER IS FUN!!1!!!! Thats probably the only memory I have that embarrasses me other than the fact I put Britney Spears music in my mp3 player. Now I do metal, alt rock, and rap on WMP lol. I have plenty of good memories from 0.3 lol. Not from 0.4, though, some more from 0.4.1 (OMFG I PWNED WHEN I GOT USED TO MY LAG AND USED IT AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS AND BITCHERS! And they though (non-n00bish) laggers deserved to be kicked. I adapted to my lag :P ) How I love the old days :)

*sighs* I think I still have some screens I took, but I forgot where I put them Rofl.

Thank you to the MTA team for doing a good job on MTA. I enjoyed it while it lasted, and it had taught me alot about social relationship. Thank you :P