Memories, old times... Where have they gone?

:Rob

Question

I was thinking the other day... everyone keeps telling me that people still play MTA .5, so I bring up the server browser, and sure enough, there's like 3-4 servers with 10+ people, and then a bunch with 4-9.

So I'm like... heeey, this is pretty tight, I'll hop in and stubby me some ass. Turned up the rapz, grabbed my blunts box, just like old times, right? So I look at the servers, and I'm like... Where the hell is the partyserver?

:roll: MTA:VC Wojjie Partyserver - 0/12

Dissapointing, but oh well, right?

So I just picked the top server, and just go in. So there's a bunch of guys talking trash.. etc, and doing some scammy bs on a RPG script, which was like built into the admin script (wasnt a RPG script, it was like built in to a stats script or some sh1t.) So I'm like... oh goody, some RPG dudes I can flatten out. :wink:

So I spawn robber, and the first thing I notice (right before being spawnkilled) is that ther's 3 guys camping all 3 robber spawns, and spawncamping there, right? No admins, no mods, so I'm like w/e.

So I get out, and I'm driving around, see 2 people out in front of the bank. So I start shootin my m4 at em (Went n got the m4 pickup) and all of a sudden, they stop takin damage, and talking crap in the chatbox "ahahahaha pwnd" "lol owned nooblet" Etc.

(They paused.... ;o )

Is this really what MTA has come to?

I remember back in .4, that sh1t wouldn't fly for one goddamn minute. Pausing was a bannable offence, and if you got owned you just said n1 or gg, yo.

All that's left now is a pathetic handfull of disshonorable, arrogant, pompous, pimply faced 12 year old wanna be cool NERDS.

Where'd all the honor go? Where'd all the respect go?

:| This is really sad, more because I know what .3 and .4 was like. I remember those good times. It was fun!

Now all you do is go in a server, get asshandled by a bunch of blink182 loving trashtalkers, and then they try to suck you into some "I pwnd you" flame war.

I wanna bring back those good times.... I want em back. :(

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Don't flame other people please.
MTA Community has changed a lot from the 0.3 - 0.4 days..

Clans which has mature and skilled players are at the edge of extinction, Many old skool players have quit, Good competition has collapsed almost completely...

For the record, there never was maturity in the MTA clans. Ever. I just thought I'd make that clear before someone gets the wrong idea and thinks that mta wasnt full of a bunch of whiny punks at one point. :D

Of course people play it, it's the only decent online GTA mod out there (except for VC-MP, but that doesn't get enough exposure). At any given time there are 75-175 people playing 0.5.

I still play GTA3 0.5 and don't have any problems. I wish people played Portland though. :(

Where did you get the impression that 0.5 is a decent online GTA mod? I think it can be perfectly compared to everything else that's been released by other mod teams up to this point.

You can play it if you want, but it will still never be anything like 0.3. The glory days are gone... it's just a dead game now.

I suggest waiting for a deathmatch mod from either SA-MP or MTA: SA. It doesn't look like Vice City will ever live up again.

No offense but what the HELL are you talking about Zircon? Half the stuff you said either doesn't make sense or has nothing to do with me.. :?

So all the good people left leaving the rest behind? So thats why most of them in there are like that. Not enough good people there to learn from.

Actually, there are enough. Don't know if you're still playing MTA:VC, if not: Try to.

Many good players just come and go, some might only play in a while, some might never return. All players learn to adapt to the game quite quickly. Skills can be taught by yourself by watching how other players survive and fight during ingame battles, picking up tips for yourself as you go along.

60% of the 100 reasons I left MTA was in related these reasons you gave, Rob.

MTA:VC 0.3 - People were kind and trying to help each other out, no cheating, no glitching, everyone being friendly (except n00bs and one guy from KFC that bitched about me complaining and the person in ULK that added me to the !stfu list) and they had their hopes high for me.

MTA 0.5 - Arrogant, moronic, overopinionated, cocky, overbearing, bitching, cheating, glitching, pausing, non-responsible (especially admins :| ) foolish bastards that think they pwn all.

From what I remember from 0.3, people were kind and they weren't arrogant. (Example - {ULK}G-theft setting the ping limit higher for me / =BDC=Ron and =BDC=Empfys! helping me fight better) People were also considerate and forgiving me when I make mistakes (Example - Some people telling me not to pause and stuff like that)

But on 0.5, people are arrogant and overbearing. n00bs who cheat (some idiot named Zack speedhacking) or people who carkill in GTA3 (some assh*le named Edge who claims to be a friend to UVA that carkills and is arrogant, bitching about jumping with stubby is wrong and carkilling is correct. And for all of you who think that carkilling is correct because it is the same result in real life, can I shoot through a windowpane in GTA3 and hit someone in GTA3? NO! I can do it in real life but not in GTA3, so stop bitching.) Stupid lying conniving foolish bastards everywhere. I F*CKING HATE THEM! I hope they all burn in hell (I am exaggerating, forgive me LoL)

*sigh* So in overall:

MTA 0.3 Advantages:

Kind people

non arrogant people

responsible admins

considerate admins

very small amount of cheating/glitching (exception of stubby shotgun) people

helping people

great place to make friends

MTA 0.3 disadvantages:

Spaz (LOL)

MTA 0.5 advantages:

Better script

(I can't think of anymore except less lag)

MTA 0.5 disadvantages:

F*cking removed jumping with stubby

More glitches

Arrogant people

Non-respinsible admins

Stupid n00bs who flame instead of trying to get advice

HUGE amount of people who mod/cheat

Bitchers

And most of all, I could barely make friends there.

*sighs* :(

Sad.

Oh btw, don't flame me because this is my opinion and some of you overopinated people would do that.

I finally have expressed my hatred to the people. I am satisfied now. Thank you for your attention.

*Leaves Thread*

fuck you kenny, lamers like you shouldn't play MTA.

you make good example of those 'lamers' in community.

but it's alright, you've been such a noob all the time I know you.

you and your ping 300, please get better connection or better place where to live if you don't want to be kicked. laugh.

p.s laugh.

:arrow:

A) He doesn't live close to a lot of servers.

B) He's a part of a clan, you're not.

C) He's a respected community member

D) You joined roughly a month ago, he joined over a year ago.

Shut the hell up, you've got nothing on him.

If your going to play gta3, sloth will be the only chanlenge, i own everybody, but it takes a good hour to own slothy, but still, i own everyone, no doubt.

LOL...I smell a noob. You surely don't "own everyone", dumb kid. :lol:

dear johnny130

u r a f@g

MTA 0.5 - Arrogant, moronic, overopinionated, cocky, overbearing, bitching, cheating, glitching, pausing, non-responsible (especially admins ) foolish bastards that think they pwn all.

True.. I think that was one of the most important things of 0.5 that many people have quit playing, because of admin abuse or further whining and sh*t.. The 'ESC' button is still one of the most horrible things people can do.. Or people who are acting that they're in pause mode, like pressing the 'Screenshot button', or even worse.. people who're lagging that hard when you cant even see they lagg, because their moves are quite normal and not to slow.

I don't have anything to people who're really pwners, I only hate those people who think they're the best and act like the best, thats really annoying.

So I think we have enough reasons why we shouldn't play 0.5, altough we still have to see the positive things of the game, doing things with your friends or own clan ingame.

Quit the flaming or this topic will be locked. You people cant even follow the rules. :roll:

Maybe if you notice this sence of post, MRBLACK. :roll:

Edited by Guest

I think that mirc scripting in someway made the game suck. It's just now when you join server you get some stupid info like "=PCP=Jigga ip matches "here you get some fake ass nicks" which was banned". You can't even be anonmous because everyone can check your ip. In 0.3 there was just the competition, the fun of the game. You could kill with every weapon, m60 didn't suck, stubby didn't suck. There was spas which some noobs complained about and which was easy to fight with a mac-10. Actually i think that mtavc 0.3 had the actuall single player climate. You just felt "Hell im playing vc with friends" There were no addons. Now we have rpg, we got ip checks, chat is spammed as much by noobs as by scripts, it's just game like css, but very crappy one.

I like the 'checking IP' thing, due many players wants to challenge me while I'm just playing ingame @ my own server. I always hate the 1 v 1 vs people who are always joining under several nicknames, and always want to have a little competition in 1 on 1, for a 'good match', or something what's suppose to be like that. This is just one of the 100 things I might think the checking IP could be usefull for. MTA 0.3 had almost only good suggestions about how people think, good opinions and stuff. And I think everyone would have hope for a better release because you always try to develop better and new features, not like MTA 0.5. I also think that 0.5 should have been more succesfull than versions like 0.4, because it wasnt really a great version at all, although 0.5 still was alot more worse than any releases before.

*Cough* Lets hope for a succesfully MTASA DM without whining and stuff like that *Cough*.

• MTA Team

I don't think that scripts ruined the gameplay. It's more like people themselves did it. 0.5 vc itself was worse than e.g. 0.4.1 though, so I guess it had to do something with it as well.

As for the rest of topic, we'll see what future holds for us. I'm pretty sure that it has only good things for us ;)

:o you kenny, lamers like you shouldn't play MTA.

you make good example of those 'lamers' in community.

but it's alright, you've been such a noob all the time I know you.

you and your ping 300, please get better connection or better place where to live if you don't want to be kicked. laugh.

p.s laugh.

:arrow:

I make good example of lamers? Arrogance. Clearly.

I've been such a n00b. Hmm.. that makes sense considering I played longer than you and sound more mature than you. Haha.

Who the f*ck are you? I live in Thailand and I don't plan to immigrate any time soon. I don't see me getting kicked (hehe, I negotiated with admins that I use my lag as an advantage to bitchers :P).

Ahh.. a pathetic example of a proper MTA player, ROFL. Overbearing twit. Your best try of insulting seems very effective. VERY EFFECTIVE (Anyone that doens't see my sarcasm is stupid, but ignorance is bliss, right? [especially for you Hoe, I bet you was gonna be happy that I congratulated you on your insult :P ])

Well people, he makes an (almost) perfect example of types of people I have stated on my post. Only thing I haven't seen him do is hmm.. Ohh yeah, cheating. His attitude reminds me of the attitude of CKY:BAM, LoL, so hes probably a cheater (Hah, my comprehending skills suck too :P).

Pathetic minds (such as his) could not be dealt with easliy. Last time I tried to help a person with a pathetic mind playing MTA I couldn't do anything rofl. Just pray to God that he changes.

P.S. Thanks to the people that backed me up :P I really appreciate it.

You are comparing 0.3 with 0.5 yet you skip/ignore 0.4 The best version altogether in my opinion.

Except for the issues in 0.4 that were fixed for 0.4.1, it was the weapon "balancing" in it that, i think, made 0.3 better. There were a few nice additions besides that though :)

That core kept me and alot of others playing for around 2 years, the good 'old times' have to end some time in each game, and this one's outdone any other i know for keeping them alive.

Look to the future, not the past :wink:

You are comparing 0.3 with 0.5 yet you skip/ignore 0.4 The best version altogether in my opinion.

I don't really know if others also think like that, because they would have post something about ''0.4 was way much better than 0.5'', or something what was looking the same like that, although we were all talking about 0.3 and 0.5. Because the changes and features were already going to be way different.