Memories, old times... Where have they gone?

:Rob

Question

I was thinking the other day... everyone keeps telling me that people still play MTA .5, so I bring up the server browser, and sure enough, there's like 3-4 servers with 10+ people, and then a bunch with 4-9.

So I'm like... heeey, this is pretty tight, I'll hop in and stubby me some ass. Turned up the rapz, grabbed my blunts box, just like old times, right? So I look at the servers, and I'm like... Where the hell is the partyserver?

:roll: MTA:VC Wojjie Partyserver - 0/12

Dissapointing, but oh well, right?

So I just picked the top server, and just go in. So there's a bunch of guys talking trash.. etc, and doing some scammy bs on a RPG script, which was like built into the admin script (wasnt a RPG script, it was like built in to a stats script or some sh1t.) So I'm like... oh goody, some RPG dudes I can flatten out. :wink:

So I spawn robber, and the first thing I notice (right before being spawnkilled) is that ther's 3 guys camping all 3 robber spawns, and spawncamping there, right? No admins, no mods, so I'm like w/e.

So I get out, and I'm driving around, see 2 people out in front of the bank. So I start shootin my m4 at em (Went n got the m4 pickup) and all of a sudden, they stop takin damage, and talking crap in the chatbox "ahahahaha pwnd" "lol owned nooblet" Etc.

(They paused.... ;o )

Is this really what MTA has come to?

I remember back in .4, that sh1t wouldn't fly for one goddamn minute. Pausing was a bannable offence, and if you got owned you just said n1 or gg, yo.

All that's left now is a pathetic handfull of disshonorable, arrogant, pompous, pimply faced 12 year old wanna be cool NERDS.

Where'd all the honor go? Where'd all the respect go?

:| This is really sad, more because I know what .3 and .4 was like. I remember those good times. It was fun!

Now all you do is go in a server, get asshandled by a bunch of blink182 loving trashtalkers, and then they try to suck you into some "I pwnd you" flame war.

I wanna bring back those good times.... I want em back. :(

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i stopped playing 0.5 deathmatch many months ago; the only fun times i have with 0.5 now is on our [DNA] stunt server, but even that aint the same as it used to be.

times just.. change.. you can't expect time to stand still at all.. especially not as far as online gaming is concerned.

I can honestly say from within, my own opinion of course.. any server running rpg can't really be regarded as a proper server (at least as far as knowing what a proper MTA DM server can be like).

I haven't been the most well-known community member or skillful player in MTA, but i have been around here long enough to see a change that maybe isn't for the best, but has happened, and hopefully MTA:SA will try to turn back some time and regain what's been lost over time.

XBlade, i know where you're coming from, but rather than looking back, look ahead (at least the future hasn't happened yet, so could swing either way, unlike the past/present which really can't be changed).

Sorry for the mini-essay :P

- Bungle

I remember back in .4, that sh1t wouldn't fly for one goddamn minute. Pausing was a bannable offence, and if you got owned you just said n1 or gg, yo.

Its not just the pausing, its the general change of some of the players around the community.

Thats something i miss also, the respect for the other players on the servers. I just remember when i came into playing the mod, back in the late 0.3 days before the next release or update, most players were just playing for the laugh of the mod and the enjoyment it created for those who wanted to keep playing for those long hours, many players were mature, i made some nice friends back then also.

What happened to the respect back then, to the change now, i have no idea.

Im not going to continue to write, just what you said Xblade i do certainly agree on.

All that's left now is a pathetic handfull of disshonorable, arrogant, pompous, pimply faced 12 year old wanna be cool NERDS.

exactly... those kids think they that are the sh:t cause they paused and got you... and now they are untouchable... but when they crawl out of their basement and step OUTSIDE they're in the real world... and now they're the noob...

Of course people play it, it's the only decent online GTA mod out there (except for VC-MP, but that doesn't get enough exposure). At any given time there are 75-175 people playing 0.5.

I still play GTA3 0.5 and don't have any problems. I wish people played Portland though. :(

if ther e was a portland server that was running a proper admin script we would play there more often erorr.

The gta3 ssv partyserver is alive and well with lots of the older players. we have great admins there and overall ssv gameplay is way more advanced than mtavc.

MTA Community has changed a lot from the 0.3 - 0.4 days..

Clans which has mature and skilled players are at the edge of extinction, Many old skool players have quit, Good competition has collapsed almost completely...

0.5 has been here for over a year now and MTA scene keeps on going which is good. The quality of playing can be seemed to drop, but still theres players who will keep playing, no matter what :wink:

Clans which has mature and skilled players are at the edge of extinction, Many old skool players have quit, Good competition has collapsed almost completely...

True,

But also, it would have been better if the MTA team organized competitions themselfs, instead of a clan who comes up and says: 'Join this competition'.. If you know what I mean.. And ye, everything died. Its about killing, killing and killing. The community ingame died, people are annoying, to much shouting in the chat. *Cough, '!mute >ID<' *Cough*. It maybe is fun sometimes.. But I'd rather do other things right now, thats for sure.

.5 it's glitch party and fast switch glitchers playground. Gangwars ain't fun anymore, I would like to see anyone who likes lag, glitch and whine fest. They don't spend enough time to arrange a gangwar, maybe 5 or 10 minutes, then they get random players from msn from different clans instead of their own match team. Before we used to discuss about rules, but nowdays they are always same: No helikilling, VCC, no car killing and only shotgun pickup. Funniest thing is theres few retards who belives you might only spawn as Sailor or Cop. In ages ago you had to spend time to get good, nowdays just need to know how to glitch. Guys seriously 0.5 - this is not just a game, but race: Fastest glitcher to win. :)

Aye, Gta3 SSV Partyserver, great old guys like Slothman and friendly clans like VCK are seriously fun. :P

Edited by Guest
But also, it would have been better if the MTA team organized competitions themselfs, instead of a clan who comes up and says: 'Join this competition'.. If you know what I mean

Still however it shows that at least something is trying to be organised for the public to participate in, even though most of the tournements which are mentioned rarely end in the right position. For example the unofficial tournement of EUNA lacks very much in organisation due to the player(s) who are running it dont seem to have the time or interest in controlling it.

The CB petition was mentioned back in February in the gangs section, for the possibility of adding ladder(s), organised events through this community, matches etc. The outcome of that i dont know.

Yes, the organization stinks..

Guess we're all waiting for that new release of SA - Dm, because 0.5 died of his glitches / bugs. Seems logical with me.

MTA could be still fun if people arent getting that irritated and annoying ingame.. So ye..

Everyones playing MTA SA now and nobody, exept for noobs and cheaters play MTA VC. This is the reason MTA VC died, because of noobs and cheaters who just talk trash and just say "hahah owned" every time they kill. There aren't much cheaters in MTA SA. You just need to wait for the DM mod to come out, then things will really start to heat up. The MTA team is really working on MTA SA. I can't wait for the DM mod.

If your going to play gta3, sloth will be the only chanlenge, i own everybody, but it takes a good hour to own slothy, but still, i own everyone, no doubt.

LOL...I smell a noob. You surely don't "own everyone", dumb kid. :lol:

• Moderators

Don't flame other people please.

Sad but true, the atmosphere was great in these days, then with 0.5 bugs arose due to bad testings and bad reporting, also the 0.5 core was a big mess to work with (luckily the team had a good idea on doing the tests as now we're doing). Then kyeman started his SA-MP mod based on vc mainly to port to SA once it got released to the pc, with this came the flaming which we have until our days.

Everyones playing MTA SA now and nobody, exept for noobs and cheaters play MTA VC. This is the reason MTA VC died, because of noobs and cheaters who just talk trash and just say "hahah owned" every time they kill.

The reason mtavc died is because of a snowball effect. In short: almost all the vetern players stopped playing. Why? All the others stopped playing. This means theres the majority is newbies and a cheater here and there. Bob got tired off mta so his buddy jeff stopped playing and played something else then his buddy Tod joined him then the whole rest of the clan fell apart then this happened to a few gangs then all the gangs stopped functioning then... its just a snowball effect thats finally become to big to stop. I have wanted to come back and play but the only USA server worth going too (partyserver) is now dead forever. Theres no turning back now, theres nothing to come back to, and no campaign to come back to MTAVC is going to work. Its only hope is an update from the team.

Europe hangs on still but if your in the USA you got two choices: crap server or dont play. I choose not to play. I couldn't find satisfaction in sacrificing my skill to laggy play overseas forever.

Of course people play it, it's the only decent online GTA mod out there (except for VC-MP, but that doesn't get enough exposure). At any given time there are 75-175 people playing 0.5.

I still play GTA3 0.5 and don't have any problems. I wish people played Portland though. :(

Where did you get the impression that 0.5 is a decent online GTA mod? I think it can be perfectly compared to everything else that's been released by other mod teams up to this point.

You can play it if you want, but it will still never be anything like 0.3. The glory days are gone... it's just a dead game now.

I suggest waiting for a deathmatch mod from either SA-MP or MTA: SA. It doesn't look like Vice City will ever live up again.