[HELP] Walking race

Mige

Hey

So I have been editing the base race scripts to allow getting out of the starting vehicle and change to whatever vehicle you find.

- However I noticed u can walk through vehicles and also if I walk through a checkpoint instead of using a vehicle it will just finish the race for me.. can't seem to find where this stuff is handled so help would be appreciated.

Edited by Mige

I'm not sure how well this would work because the race resource is specifically built assuming players are in vehicles.

This is where race handles checkpoint hits: https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-resources/blob/master/[gamemodes]/[race]/race/race_client.lua#L700-L746

As you can see, it assumes a vehicle, and will return at 

if elem ~= g_Vehicle or isVehicleBlown(g_Vehicle) or getElementHealth(g_Me) == 0 or Spectate.active then
  return
end

40 minutes ago, AfuSensi said:

I'm not sure how well this would work because the race resource is specifically built assuming players are in vehicles.

This is where race handles checkpoint hits: https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-resources/blob/master/[gamemodes]/[race]/race/race_client.lua#L700-L746

As you can see, it assumes a vehicle, and will return at 

if elem ~= g_Vehicle or isVehicleBlown(g_Vehicle) or getElementHealth(g_Me) == 0 or Spectate.active then
  return
end

Yeah I have edited that part to: (with this im able to walk through the first checkpoint, but for some reason that causes the race to finish instead)

if (elem ~= g_Vehicle and tostring(g_Vehicle) ~= "false") or isVehicleBlown(g_Vehicle) or getElementHealth(g_Me) == 0 or Spectate.active then

9 minutes ago, AfuSensi said:

If you follow the call chain, you will see a lot more vehicle dependencies. That's just the first place it checks for a vehicle.

Ye, but this is the point where its checking the checkpoints so shouldnt the problem be here somewhere.