Did you have the "freeze bug" in 1.1?

Hi all, we're looking into the exact cause of the freeze bug in 1.1 and we'd like it if people who had it could post their system specs, in particular: OS (Windows version), ammount of memory, processor type (dual core?) and speed, anything else you think might be relevant...

Thanks!

yeah i had it, i noticed it was only on popular servers (over 10 playing and i froze within 20 secs, whereas smaller servers of 4 or less people no crashes)

windows xp sp2

athlon mp2800 x2

msi k7d

radeon 9800xt

1.5G ram

I got it once in 1.1, and didn't have it anymore in 1.1.1, but if you're searching the cause of 1.1 (isn't it fixed allready then?) my specs:

Windows XP Pro x64 SP1

ASUS A8V-E SE

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ x1 (standard clock)

ASUS EN7800GTX (nvidia GeForce 7800GTX)

4x512mb memory

Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4

My game sometimes (most of the time) freezes when i try to disconnect then quit. Alt + tab feature would save me having to hard restart my p.c after every session.

Pentium 4 2.66 Mhz (single core)

768Mb DDR 333mhz (1x 512 stick and 1x 256 stick)

XFX GeForce 6200 (overclocked)

Windows XP home edition Service Pack 2

Its seems that all the poeple with anthlon 64 chips have no problems and the people with intel chips have the problems.memory does make a big difference i would suggest 1 GB u can never had enough memory :PGraphics cards don't seem that powerful

might need upgrade that or turn off/put down some of the detail settings.

HOPE THIS HELPs :D

Its seems that all the poeple with anthlon 64 chips have no problems and the people with intel chips have the problems.memory does make a big difference i would suggest 1 GB u can never had enough memory :PGraphics cards don't seem that powerful

Interesting... some people said that Intel machines use more CPU than AMD machines when running the server.

Happens to me too and the hack to stop alt-tabbing is really fustrating in this instance.

XP Pro SP2

DFI LanParty NF4 UT

AMD 3200+ Venice

1GB DDR600

X800XL

blah....

I freezed some times recently and it was on buisy servers. after I had a lot of framedrop (wich isn't usual) just a couple of minutes ago I was on a buisy servers with some cheaters in it that were heavily bugging the server, and I ran @ 10fps or something, (or it was the map, unlikely becouse there wasn't built on it) a lot of players crashed before me (probably the same bug).

so all times it happened to me (4 times?) was after heavily getting framedrop, and that's maybe why people with athlon processors survive it longer so the chance of freezing is smaller? :roll:

anthlon 64 cpus are better at gaming than intel cpus they also run cooler temps than intel.and use less power. :shock:

AMD is better than Intel on gaming because gaming needs as much resources as possible and AMD processors are cheaper than intel ones.

That's why you can get much better than Intel processors for the same price or even cheaper when you buy AMD as your processor.

Still Intel ones are very good at overclocking and has better power preformance but the bad thing is only that it has a few problems with the the new games but it isin't a bad processor because of that.

Btw when Intel doesn't have problem with a game it works much smoother than AMD but not all processors works the same way so it depends on the game really. And it doesn't use any less power at all, and about coolor temperature depends on what cooling system you've got.

This is not Intel's fault that Intel processors doesn't work good with mta :roll:

I had it and mine is AMD Athlon (the old old variety, maybe they're had similar archtecture to the Intel chips or something)

i had the freez bug in 1.1,very bad couldnt play for 5 min,heres my specs

XP Home SP2

P4 2.6GHz

1024 Ram

Nvidia 6600 GT

i can give you any more info if you guys want,just shout. Ive had no freezes

since 1.1.1,so what did u change in 1.1.1 cause the prob stoped instantly,must have changed something?

The anthlon 64 chips are better as they get more done in a clock cycle than p4 chips.as the p4 can have speeds of up to 3.8GHZ

the anthlon 64 chips up 3.0GHZ but can easyliy beat p4s.the p4 is good ut the anthlon is better at gaming.

this is some info if it helps at all . :diabloanifire:

The K8 cpus seem to be better than the others

• 2 weeks later...