SAAC for MTA

If (AND ONLY IF) you use a controller, do you join the petition?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. If (AND ONLY IF) you use a controller, do you join the petition?

• D'uh, signed!
    • No (i use a controller) but it's not necessary

• 4 weeks later...

Correct.

Please MTA-team, contact Dave to make this program work with your amazing modification.

Since you are creating an update you could do something to make it function with the SAAC program.

It is very anoying to play with different controls each time you swich from offline to online...

Thank you for reading.

What is SAAC?

I didn't know, could only find this tho:

It seems like it's a tool for GTA:SA.

"Axis mapping, force feedback support, keyboard mapping..."

While this would be really nice to have, I think I wouldn't prioritize it right now. But certainly a good feature to add...

What is SAAC?

I didn't know, could only find this tho:

It seems like it's a tool for GTA:SA.

"Axis mapping, force feedback support, keyboard mapping..."

While this would be really nice to have, I think I wouldn't prioritize it right now. But certainly a good feature to add...

Allow me to explain.

SAAC stands for San andreas Advanced Control. I use it for my Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog 3. When i dont use the program, i cannot view around with my right analog stick, wich is, believe me VERY annoying. I also cannot use my D-pad to change radio station or reply positive or negative. So if i dont use the program i lose about 12 buttons on my gamepad, now because of that i have to use other buttons on my gamepad so i can not map all the functions that are available.

Eventually SAAC is a program wich allows you to map the analog sticks, direction par direction. It also allows you to add force feedback with your gamepad... A very usefull program if you use gamepads, joysticks...

So if it is not much work could you please look to make the program function with MTA:SA?

Thank you for reading!

Edited by Guest
In what way doesn't it work with MTA? It isn't intentionally blocked.

This is what the developer said that was the problem:

"the window title is not whats stopping it (i use window 'class' name which is not changed by MTA), it is the cheat protection scheme which is used by MTA... You will have to request an 'allow patch' for my program from MTA because I think its a bit obsurd that I must bypass their protection when they could make a simple patch."

You can contact the developer on this site: http://toca.game-editing.net/about

EDIT: i've received some reaction from dave on his forum, and this is what he said: "MTA is blocking READ and WRITE access to the game memory... not even normal memory editors can read/write it."

Thank you for reading.

Will this be solved someday I need SAAC with my controller, a XBOX clone that doesn't work in any way if not SAAC present. The idea of a Multi Theft is the best thing in the world I think.

controllers r fer teh n003s , WASD for life!

ok, whats the purpose of this post?

To feed his SPAM addiction.

I've spoken to Racer_S and we've discussed how to solve it. Hes going to work on it.

Cool, the strange thing is driving a comet with a force feedback steering wheel.

What about the camera hack...?

Could that be possible to support in the future?

I've spoken to Racer_S and we've discussed how to solve it. Hes going to work on it.

You are the MAN!!!!!

*does the happy dance*

My force feedback steering wheel is coming in Monday. More than anything else, I was hoping I'd be able to use it for MTA someday. :shock:

• 5 months later...