Dinghy falls 2 [FINAL]

Lággy

Do you want dinghy falls 2 to be made?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want dinghy falls 2 to be made?

• No, I don't really care about crap maps
    • Yes, I loved dinghy falls and I would love to see dinghy falls 2!
    • I love to waste a vote because I'm a carrot!

I'm doing a test map to see the idea. I'm screwing the halfpipe idea cause it took up the object limit and maybe a few explosive barrals. What I'm aiming for is a long, fun and enjoyable dinghy slide. I'm going to use roads and hay stacks. Anyway, I'm going to be starting it after my testing comes out good. I'm doing tests because I don't want to spend a week on a map and then find out that people get stuck.

Btw, do you think I should use explosive barrals at some parts?

textlaggy3jg.png

(I'm no good at ASCII text writing)

Hi

2 new screenies!

mtascreen00012oa.th.jpg

This one is showing the beginning of dinghy falls 2. I wanted something unique which won't crowd like dinghy falls 1.

mtascreen00028rn.th.jpg

This one shows the crossroad from a player's view (I didn't know how to lable this pic).

Please, if you have any suggestions/questions, post them here.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Id care to disagree, i think because of talking to you you want to take this map so to speak to the next level, by adding barrels youre making a way for those people with better pings who always win a chance to lose, i mean like bigsmoke is doing, he is giving users the chance to die and by adding barrels and other means of dieing everybody has a fair chance, although you would get those idiots who complain because they died but it really depends what youre trying to make the map do, but i think you should.

Anyways the screenies look great, hope i get that beta you promised soon because i cant wait!

Yeah, I'l give you the BETA (now wheres that big bag of money Kaotic?)

Btw, last night, I tryed the 1st BETA and it worked 100%! The starting crossroad is the best idea for this map. It had no problems! I already have done the first 30 seconds of the map. It's going to be huge!!! So stay updated and I might release a open BETA in the future ;)

I can't wait for DF2 (dinghy falls 2) to be finnished!

A UPDATE!!!!!!

(FFS laggy, don't shout!)

Here is some cool images that you may or may not like.

mtascreen00065ae.th.jpg

This one is my surf strip. Pretty cool, eh?

mtascreen00072yx.th.jpg

mtascreen00097fw.th.jpg

This one is my ramp slide. You come out from the left and then you hit the wall. Then, you take a banked corner to the hole.

This pic is the start.

mtascreen00114zt.th.jpg

There is a few problems with the start crossroad. If you just aim for the tree (with your bike) then everything will be fine.

Btw, BETA 3 is coming along fine (still working on it). I have already went over 1 minute of sliding!

Dinghy Falls is in the top 5 list!!! Thanks guys!

/slap object limit

Yeah, I found out a way to have heaps of objects. I made a road go 600 units away from the first part of the map. Anyway, this is what’s new in BETA 4.

BETA 4 isn’t completed yet but it's near the finish of dinghy falls 2 :)

This is showing how close I'm from the object limit. Pretty close, eh?

mtascreen00012ha.th.jpg

This pic is at the end of my slide.

mtascreen00023bh.th.jpg

This is where the bikes slide down...

mtascreen00039zs.th.jpg

mtascreen00046cx.th.jpg

...to end up here.

mtascreen00066ho.th.jpg

The pipes go to the road.

mtascreen00077rb.th.jpg

Here is the 600-unit road.

mtascreen00080ym.th.jpg

In the last few days, I'm been doing some bug fixing. I've fixed heaps of little mistakes and stuff and tried heaps of falling scenarios to get it to the best quality.

UPDATE (30th of March, 2006)

I'm doing the last part of dinghy falls 2. The last slide. It's going to be insane with loops and slides that will make you feel sick. It will be very soon (I'm thinking the end of next week).

Edited by Guest

Quite impressive, just by looking at the screenshots. The creation and layout by looking at the pictures however does look confusing, getting down to playing the map is something nice to play though. Being in the top 5 is also a good achievement, shows how much work is being done and time being taken. Congrats.

Quite impressive, just by looking at the screenshots. The creation and layout by looking at the pictures however does look confusing, getting down to playing the map is something nice to play though. Being in the top 5 is also a good achievement, shows how much work is being done and time being taken. Congrats.

Thanks

Anyway, in dinghy news. I have the first release and I'm testing it right now. I'll be releasing it very soon if no bugs are found.

• 3 weeks later...