Router IS configured, Firewall is disabled, still not workin

Guest A sandwich

Here is a screen shot of my set-up. When a friend tries and connects to my external IP, they get a time out. This is on my destop. If I connect to my external with my laptop it won't work, but if I do it with internal, it will. What am I missing? I also tried DMZ and that still doesn't work. server4zb.th.jpg

I just started trying to run a server and this may help. I think (and I use that term loosely, lol) you cannot run your server on the same pc that you are trying to connect/play with.

I have a lot of online freinds at http://www.ubercrue.com who help me test stuff and I could not connect/timed out every time. Had one of my buddies connect and it worked just fine.

I also opened a range instead of just the one port 22003 or whatever it's listed as.

Also, have someone else try besides just that one friend. He may have issues to.

Hope that helped.

Update.

I put the server on another pc and again. Everyone can connect just fine except me. I dunno' if there is some special way I have to connect (like via lan ip) or what.

I am currently searching the forums to find an answer. If I stumble upon something I will post. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I have the same problem like A sandwich!

All ports a opened (my ISP said that....i cant cofigurate my router because its locked by my ISP...Austria :evil: ) software firewall is disabled. But it still does not work!

I have a separate PC were the server is running. The configuration of the server must be OK because an other Server Tool, wich is running on it, works great!(no they are not using the same ports) So something is wrong with the MTA tool.

My problems are.

1.I cant see my server on game-monitor.com (i searched for the external and the internal IP)

2. I havent tried it yet but i think other people cant see/join the server too. Please try to join on 85.124.168.11 Port 22003. I can join the server with the internal IP!

3. The Remote Admin tool does not work too. I tried it with the internal IP and 44003 Port. Connection time out. :evil: Where can i set the user name for the Remote admin tool?

Is my ASE set correctly?

# ASE

# Required: Yes

# Purpose: Defines whether the server should report to the All Seeing Eye (can be seen in the Server Browser)

# Format - ASE

# Notes:

# Set to 1 to enable, anything else to disable

ASE 1

PLEASE HELP ME!!! :(

PS: Sorry for my poor english.

You only need to forward port 22003 UDP for MTA:SA and 22126 UDP for ASE. Port 44003 UDP is for remote admin.

If you want to use remote admin set AdminServer to 1.

# AdminServer

# Required: No

# Purpose: Defines whether the server should enable Remote Admin

# Format - AdminServer <1/0>

# Notes:

# Set to 1 to enable, anything else to disable

# REMEMBER TO CHANGE THE ADMIN PASSWORD!

AdminServer 1

And specify your Remote Admin password

# AdminPass

# Required: Yes (if AdminServer is enabled)

# Purpose: Defines the Remote Admin password

# Format - AdminPass

AdminPass youradminpassword

Yes, ASE is set correctly. :D

Thank you for your replys.:)

I have tested the server with a freind now, he could connect to my server via quick connect. He connected to the external IP.

But the server still does not appear in the server browser or on game-monitor.com! My friend also couldnt see the server in the server browser!

You only need to forward port 22003 UDP for MTA:SA and 22126 UDP for ASE. Port 44003 UDP is for remote admin.

So the server also uses UDP ports?(A sandwich used TCP Ports for the server and Remote Admin)

I have tried to run the server on the ASE Port 22126 and on the Remote Admin port 44003. I could connect with the internal IP, no matter which port was set. So the ports are all right?

The Remote Admin settings are OK!

If your IP has the ports locked, there is nothing you can do.

No, i think all ports are opened. Otherwise people could not connect to my server, but the can!

My main Problem now is that the server does not appear in the server Browser and on game-monitor.com! Its useless to run a server when nobody plays on it.... :roll:

Make some 0 (zero) or A or so at the beginning of your servers name to test it. Then open server browser and sort them by name. Your server will appear at the beginning of the list. Hopefully it should. :)

Edit:

I can't see my own server at game-monitor.com but at the server browser!

I have d-link router, dedicated server pc, gaming pc, broadband isp.

In order for my mta server to show up in the mta browser, the server pc MUST be in the DMZ.

hope this helps!

also, if possible, make sure your router is set for gaming!!!

with these settings, i can see

ase can see

and game-monitor can see my server no problem.

DMZ is the de-militarised zone, which means the firewall is off. A computer which is there is not secured by the firewall.

I think i have a small solution for you, maybe it works. Go to http://www.game-monitor.com/ and click [Add Server]. Then you have to register at game-monitor. After that your server should be listed there.

When you start your server, does this message appear: "All Seeing Eye listing enabled"?

DMZ is the de-militarised zone, which means the firewall is off. A computer which is there is not secured by the firewall.

Where can i see if the server is in the DMZ or not? I think this is why my server does not appear in the server browser....

When i add my server to game-monitor.com it says that the server is allready in the database...

When you start your server, does this message appear: "All Seeing Eye listing enabled"?

Yes. It says "All Seeing Eye listing enabled. Port 22126 (UDP) must be accessable from the internet.

Racer, i saw that you have played on my server? Thanks.:)

Was the ping ok?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok i have tested the ports now.

Here are the results:

Port 22126 TCP- filtered (by router firewall?)

http://www.prntscrn.net/img.php?img=1.jpg

Port 22126 UDP- opened (but it took 59 seconds to scan!!)

http://www.prntscrn.net/img.php?img=2.jpg

Port 22003 TCP- filtered

Port 22003 UDP- opened (needed 1min2sec to scan!!)

I scaned the UDP ports yesterday and they needed only 12sec!

Maybe the Master-Server thinks that my server is dead because it needs too long to respond?

But why is that so?? I have DSL+fastpath...