SA-MP vs MTA movement comparison

eveneme

Hi,

I understand that probably for most of you guys this isn't an issue at all, and noone cares about it but well.. I do :D I remember when the sa-mp competetive scene was in it's top form back in like 2010 I tried to convince a lot of people to switch to mta because sa-mp scripting is a joke, but they didn't want to. They kept saying mta felt "weird". Now, 10 years later I know exactly what the problem is.

* Important notice: It doesn't seem like it's an fps-related issue, since the lock occurs and is the same in 1-70fps range with around 72 and above making you unable to move

* sa-mp is what the orignal game is like

Edited by eveneme
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, eveneme said:

They kept saying mta felt "weird". Now, 10 years later I know exactly what the problem is.

When I was playing sa-mp 4 years back, players were teleporting all over the place and hard to hit, so I don't think that so called "animation lock" is not there for nothing. Note: The slide glitch can cause de-sync, since it brings the player in a glitch state.

I think the developers from MTA decided to put correct synchronization above free-movement(by glitches).

You can use this easy weapon switch resource, if you want some more free-movement.

sa-mp is indeed like the original game, it is just a shell around the original.

Edited by IIYAMA
34 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

I think the developers from MTA decided to put correct synchronization above free-movement(by glitches).

Yeah, that's probably it, it must have some purpose. I personally don't care about slide glitch (the one at 1:20), I put it in the video just to make the differences easier to see/understand. The only thing that I care about and what I don't like is that it makes cbuging less convenient ?

Edited by eveneme
  • Like 1
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

After watching the video and reading your posts to get a good idea of what you're trying to tell us, i can say this: MTA isn't a game for glitching, it's focussed on fair play. So i don't think MTA devs would prioritize making movement glitch behavior exactly replicate GTA SA, if for some reason it's not the same (as you have demonstrated).

Players that are used to glitching (from SAMP) are gonna be disappointed anyways, because the glitches you demonstrated aren't manually enabled like you did in 99% of the public servers, where they are made impossible.

The comparison is pretty interesting though, good work

Edited by Dutchman101