MTA:SA Race v1.x - Admin Suggestions

Oli

I posted this in another thread (Suggestions); but here it is again.

While voting for races, listing the maps by number and number selections would be nice too.

ie. typing: /races

ie. viewing:

1. H8 Crime

2. Break

3. OJinSF

ie. typing: /vote race 1

ie. typing: /rcon startrace 1

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. I am going to be working on Race Admin for 1.2 this week, so will be using this thread to a certain extent, although i dont promise any of it will be in the release :P

I am also considering making the admin connections in the Race Mod TCP instead of UDP, as there arn't a great deal of packets sent and TCP is reliable, so this would fix a few issues already appearing in the admin system.

I will probably post a blog post sometime this week giving more details once i've done some work on this.

Oli

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. I am going to be working on Race Admin for 1.2 this week, so will be using this thread to a certain extent, although i dont promise any of it will be in the release :P

gr8 :!: w00t

I am also considering making the admin connections in the Race Mod TCP instead of UDP, as there arn't a great deal of packets sent and TCP is reliable, so this would fix a few issues already appearing in the admin system.

like mta:ma(:grs) only getting 700 map names if their are 2000+ ? ;)

I will probably post a blog post sometime this week giving more details once i've done some work on this.

Oli

I've also been discussing another feature with Talidan recently and previously in another thread related to the number ID's. Currently, they're only available to be shown in MA, but it would be very useful if the ID's were beside each names when TAB is pressed:

Example:

*tab pressed*

*player window appears*

1. Charlie

2. NazcaC2

3. Big Pie

4. Suga

5. Maniac

6. Speedy

7. Scooba

*in main window, type*

!kick 4

*resulting in Suga being kicked*

!mute 5

*resulting in Maniac being muted*

Without access to MA, this would be very useful having the ID's integrated into the (TAB) player window.

EDIT: I didn't think partial names were accepted, but they are. That's faster I think.

Edited by Guest
  • 7 months later...