Please answer these...

Guest Alex91

I have been playing MTA for a very long time now but i have come across some questions that need answering.

1. I !!KNOW!! that they do this in their spare time. But MTA has been running for 3 years. Blue for almost 2 and a half years. You would think they could make a game that didn't lag?

2. Why does my game keep lagging? I have these specs:

2.2 ghz processor

512 mb Ram (alot more than the SA recommended specs)

256 mb graphics card (double the recomended specs)

Everything else needed to run the game

I have also:

Run a virus check

De-Fragged

Got rid of all spyware/adware on my computer

But it still lags. What's wrong?

3. I thought v1.1.1 would fix the crashes but they havn't. Why?

• MTA Team

Maybe i should write a better answer:

Lag excists in every game. We optimize our netcode as good and as bad as we can, but we can not stop lag or create someting like a 0 ping.

Also due to the nature of MTA it is jsut that littlebit slower then when everything would have been integrated.

And we fixed a lot of bugs in 1.1.1 but we can not fix everything at once. We also did not say that 1.1.1 is crash free. It remains a product under development (beta).

...512 mb Ram...

...Run a virus check

De-Fragged

Got rid of all spyware/adware on my computer...

I have a somewhat similar case. It would help if you killed off processes such as your antivirus(es), and all other background programs. As I'm writing this I have only Azureus and Firefox actively open, but 85% of my RAM is being used up at this almost idle state. I'd recommend buying more RAM. I know that's what I'm going to do next ;)

ever played BF2? It lags ...
ofcourse if I play I have some lag I even don't notice (veary few) and it all runs smoothly @ 100fps :wink: but that's not of the matter now. just some stupid words... about the memory saving. like BD said it's good to shut down as many processses as possible. and I recommend explorer.exe it shuts down your desktop and saves lots of memory. then just open taskmanager again if it isn't still open and use new task and browse to multi theft auto.exe

Start GTA: San Andreas. (Not MTA: SA)

Set all your grafix setting in the to low. And you frame rate to a fixed frame rate. I had also in the beginning some lag. And i always play high in the singe player. But this is the trick against some lag.

BTW. do you have a good, fast and stable internet connection?

I have been playing MTA for a very long time now but i have come across some questions that need answering.

1. I !!KNOW!! that they do this in their spare time. But MTA has been running for 3 years. Blue for almost 2 and a half years. You would think they could make a game that didn't lag?

This does have "video lag" They set the max FPS to 20, in order to keep people at the same car speed, because of an issue with higher FPS making people go faster than others. You could've easily found this in a topic thats been posted by at least 10 other people. :|

2. Why does my game keep lagging? I have these specs:

2.2 ghz processor

512 mb Ram (alot more than the SA recommended specs)

256 mb graphics card (double the recomended specs)

Everything else needed to run the game

Possibilities

A) You've got bad ISP. 56K - 3 meg = not recomended for online gaming, in my opinion.

B) Video Lag, as mentioned above.

I have also:

Run a virus check

De-Fragged

Got rid of all spyware/adware on my computer

But it still lags. What's wrong?

See above mentioned notes.

3. I thought v1.1.1 would fix the crashes but they havn't. Why?

Nothings perfect, just always improving I suppose. :roll: