More checkpoints = MORE lag

Guest Cenobite

I simply cant use the editor after I hit about 20 checkpoints, it becomes WAY too laggy/choppy, yes I dont have the best of PCs but still its impossible to work.

I dont understand, its only checkpoints, colored cilinders on the map how can they create so much lag?

I can run 2 unreal editors with loaded "complex" maps AND an additional Source Editor and still would be able to use them without problems.

Is there like a way I can "hide" the checkpoints that are idle until I comeback to them while I place the new ones?

how many objects you got?

Objects? None, I use the default world. The only "objects" I have are the spawnpoints and a couple of Nitros and Repairs.

Was that the question?

SA runs fine when Im playing, its the placing of the checkpoints in the editor that gives me grief.

Weird thing is, I dowloaded a map from the community, it was a race map and already had about 50 checkpoints, I thought I would add another batch, so I started placing random checkpoints (50+) all over the map, they were all in one place and the screen was littered with checkpoints and STILL the CPU wouldnt go up. (didnt become choppy, well a little).

I then started a new map, got to about 30 checkpoints and the choppiness began. Freaking weird. And no, my checkpoints are not placed closely together, maybe half a kilometer from eachother.

Edited by Guest