MTA:SA 1.1 - list of 'problems' to solve in next release

Hey,

First of all, great job on the new client. It has some awesome options in it, and its still fun. However, there are also a few let-downs that may be considered to fix in a possible next release. I suppose the MTA team is open for suggestions on that part, just to make the mod the best there is. :)

- i see invisible cars now and then

- i crash about once in the hour, i never used to crash in 1.0 (I haven't tried the fix yet, I will later today)

- i sometimes drive through ramps, cuz i simply dont see them on my screen, very odd

- i sometimes don't have sfx sound, next round it appears to be working again

- i think there is more lag, however, that could also be because of the server i was in being full

- i see a lot of others have a client not respond problem...and they eventually crash

- i think the respawn option isn't the best thing ever invented, however, it really pleased me that it could be turned off. the server i always play in put it on nearly all maps off. ^^ (respawning causes collisions with people spawning right in front of you, also causes people to drive even worse than they used to (as if thats even possible!), besides that people block roads of do kamikazi cuz they know they will respawn anyways. and last but NOT LEAST, the chat community thing is ruined, nobody chats with respawning option on)

- i think the namelength space is too short, however I dont have problems with it, some others do...

All in all I had less issues in 1.0, I don't know about the others but i'm sure this will all be solved in a next release. Maybe even use 1.0 as basis and just add the good things about 1.1...

I hope these comments are useful to the mta team, keep up the good work!

Rocket_Guns

1 other thing that I noticed right away..

the server browser refreshes automaticly, wich is nice when you start up the game, but it is a biatch when you crash your game.

It brings you back to the start up window, and does an automatic refresh, that means waitng like a half minute before all servers are listed, and by then the server you was in is allready full..:(

As long as there is no option to store favourite servers I recon the auto refresh should be off, the + sides of it don't outway the - sides of it..

For the rest I gotta agree with RG, specialy with the respwaning, it must have been a good idea on paper, but in a full 32 player server it causes more problems then benifits.

.....I'll just add something, that he didn't mentioned:

-Hydra can't lock the target! I wasn't happy when I saw that there wasn't secondary fire in MTA 1.0, but this is even worse. It makes hydra useless in game, especialy if it's some Hydra DM. That means you will hardly shoot down enemies. And after that - respawning! Even if I shoot down someone, he/she is back in couple of seconds....that means-no winer in game.

-CJ's smoking/drinking-I think it wouldn't be bad, if player walks/runs, but this way, it's annoying. I can't concetrete on driving bikes,cause CJ is doing something (touching himslef :lol:8) )

i think the respawn option isn't the best thing ever invented...

I agree with him. I think that each player should get 3 lives (3 respawns) or they will start back in the beginning. Also, could there be a option to spectate insted of respawning?

Thanks

I have been looking around, and some of the general consensus is that respawning should be limited to lives, rather than seconds.

Frankly, I have no problem either way. People keep complaining about everything that's released. I don't know about you, but 10 seconds is enough for you to lose a couple of places in a halfway full (halfway empty?) server.

- Lives should be fairly easy to implement, we'll look into this.

- If you're crashing, please report these crashes to us using the error reporter.

- As for chat, use IRC for chatting :)

- As for a spectate option, we almost did this but ran out of time. Its somthing that will almost certainly happen, assuming we can get it to work.

- Invisible cars I've no idea about, need steps to reproduce.

- Hydras can't lock onto targets because it didn't really work before even if appeared to. This may return when we have more time to spend on the cosmetics.

- The smoking/drinking is one of the strangest side effects we've seen, obviously we don't suggest our users do either. We'll look into banning such things in MTA:SA when we've got the more important issues out of the way.

more on the invisible cars...

i was going through a tunnel at full speed and came to dead stop as if i hit something, turns out its an invisible car where someone was killed. you can still see the body and the blood, but not the car.

here is proof of it...

mtass7.jpg

more on the invisible cars...

i was going through a tunnel at full speed and came to dead stop as if i hit something, turns out its an invisible car where someone was killed. you can still see the body and the blood, but not the car.

here is proof of it...

That's a hydra crash (80% sure). I don't know why the exploded hydra model doesn't show. Btw, thanks eAi.

Hey,

respawning causes collisions with people spawning right in front of you,

Rocket_Guns

phps a 3 or so second delay before the collision detection kicks in on respawns would help this? Some visual indication (energy level in white instead of red for instance) of state of newly respawned

And I agree with a respawn limit. Every online game has its disruptive and selfish element. A player will join a server with no other agenda than to spoil others enjoyment, constant respawn is just ambrosia to them.

And thanks for giving me so much fun mta team.

Personally I think that respawn should be purely to stop boredom, you shouldn't be a contender. There are exceptions, like DDs, but generally.

I would like a Ghost Car option, so respawns are only semi-transparrent and don't count in the race order

- If you're crashing, please report these crashes to us using the error reporter.

I have crashed 2-3 times, but I wasn't able to send report. After crashes I got pop-up with something like this: MTA is unable to send report

edit:

one more thing: checkpoints!

-when I drive through a cp it doesnt react in real time. sometimes I almoust reach next cp when the previous disapear.

-while we spectate game, we don't see cps. it's not big problem, but it would be better to see and know when will race end.

-when I create a map and test it, I see cps a little different then when I play the map on a server. I mean, while I create map, if I move camera more than 15 meters from a cp, I can't see it (blue pole). I see only white letters "Checkpoint #x"

I hope that will be fixed in some of next releases

Edited by Guest

Hi there,

i crash about once in the hour, i never used to crash in 1.0

I had no single crash in 1.0 either, in 1.1 It seems to happen kinda often

i think there is more lag, however, that could also be because of the server i was in being full

I also think it does lagg more, tho on my computer it might be due to the serverlist getting automatically refreshed all the time. My ISDN connection kinda dies after the refresh :/

Another thing is: I cannot switch back to desktop for e.g. giving a friend the server data we could play on together. I guess this is not possible because the game would crash when switching to desktop. I noticed that when being involved in other GTA SA online mods. Is that right?

It would be nice if you was able to switch back to desktop and chat in IRC/ICQ/MSN with people to share server information or any other things.

Anyways, you have done good work, its a great mod. Keep up the good work.

Hydras can't lock onto targets because it didn't really work before even if appeared to. This may return when we have more time to spend on the cosmetics.

Um, they DO lock on... :?

I spend a lot of time in Hydra battles on quieter servers away from whiners without wings. with a few of the regular topgun aces - and we find it strange when people say they dont lock on, cos they lock on almost every time for me. :thumbsup:

However, it depends on what youre trying to hit - anything other than another Hydra and you have to keep the lock until the missile connects, otherwise most of the time if u lose the lock missile loses it too. Against another Hydra once your locked its usually fire n forget, it will hit and does an amusing dance spinning round n round the Hydra just before impact. You can only lock one at a time so any others you fire will be unguided.

But there is some sort of sync issue cos it doesnt do much damage to other Hydras, so you end up having to put quite a few into them, but the more you hit them the less they'll be able to control the plane - but its ok it makes it more of a challenge against more experienced players and more fun.

So you can imagine how pissed off we were when 1.1 arrived and we discovered the missile lock was gone altogether. I dont understand that. If - as you say - it never worked anyway and we all had imagined the whole thing, then why remove it? In that one move you've removed a lot of the fun from Hydra maps. Against good pilots it was hard enough to hit them before, but now...with just unguided... :?

Sorry this is a bit of a rant but i felt i had to say something ....you killed my bird, man :sad2:

But there is some sort of sync issue cos it doesnt do much damage to other Hydras, so you end up having to put quite a few into them, but the more you hit them the less they'll be able to control the plane - but its ok it makes it more of a challenge against more experienced players and more fun.

They didn't do any damage at all, because they weren't synced. You may have seen the missile fire and hit the target, but no one else did. To them it just looked like you were shooting unguided rockets. There were occasions where the missile did hit, but that was extremely rare.

They didn't do any damage at all, because they weren't synced. You may have seen the missile fire and hit the target, but no one else did. To them it just looked like you were shooting unguided rockets. There were occasions where the missile did hit, but that was extremely rare.

Right. The missile hits the target, it looks damaged, but only you can see it. The power bar is still full and for the other players it doesn't look damaged. So now, its like before, the game just doesn't fool the players anymore.

i dont see the problem with not having lock

actually ... it will be noob/spawn heaven when hydras have lock ...

but heres something else

i've seen messages "xxx won as the last player alive" , while that shouldnt happen at all .. even when there were more than one player alive

maybe some more .. but outta time now :P