Change GTA clouds height

Zorgman

Is there a way to change the height at which clouds and fog effects start to appear?

Not talking about the weather type, but about the fog that appears when you climb high enough, on the slopes of Mount Chilliad for instance. I get the effect when I position the map at z=185, but unfortunately I need it 100 units lower ?

unknown1.png

Thanks!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Zorgman said:

Is there a way to change the height at which clouds and fog effects start to appear?

Afaik you can only disable them, which means that you can re-enable them when you are even higher.

Thanks IIYAMA! But I think you misunderstood me: I do want to see the effects, only that I need them to appear lower, at 85 height instead of the default 170(?).

Something similar could be scripted, probably... Anyway, you confirmed what I knew, that I can only disable them :( I wanted to use them as cheap self-managed effects for a wasteland-type map.  We could use a function for it, perhaps more people would like to use them like this? They provide good atmosphere imo.

Cheers

Edited by Zorgman
typo
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Zorgman said:

Thanks IIYAMA! But I think you misunderstood me: I do want to see the effects, only that I need them to appear lower, at 85 height instead of the default 170(?).

Something similar could be scripted, probably... Anyway, you confirmed what I knew, that I can only disable them :( I wanted to use them as cheap self-managed effects for a wasteland-type map.  We could use a function for it, perhaps more people would like to use them like this? They provide good atmosphere imo.

Cheers

You could try also something like this:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=13991

It is probably not what you are looking for, but it might be interesting to look at.

Edited by IIYAMA
  • Thanks 1