MTA SA 1.1 can't connect

MTA SA 1.1 just won't connect to a server. it will be able to retrive the list of servers, but when you double click a server, or click connect, nothing happens, you can do it as many times as you wish with as many servers as you wish, not connecting, and apparently not even trying.

Up to the quick connect thing, I copied some server address, typed it in, and when i clicked connect the kinda dialog just went away and it just stayed there on the main menu as if nothing had happened.

There shouldn't be any need to re-install gta unless he's modded the game in anyway otherwise what good would it do??

and out of the user files you only might have to delete "gta_sa.set", you definatly don't need to delete the whole folder

I had the same problem

I've UNINSTALLED MTA, then reinstalled it, if I install the new one over the old MTA, nothing happens when I click on Connect at the server list

.sry bad english

There shouldn't be any need to re-install gta unless he's modded the game in anyway otherwise what good would it do??

and out of the user files you only might have to delete "gta_sa.set", you definatly don't need to delete the whole folder

No, I've seen people that couldn't get MTA to work until they reinstalled GTA:SA, and it would be the next logical step if a re-install of MTA didn't solve it. Not to mention that he might not have a fresh installation of GTA:SA, in which case it could work in single player but not with MTA.