MTA 1.1 keeps crashing

Guest Liskie

I've just played to play GTA on a UK server (hadn't played there before). There are really no other european 1.1 servers up at this time so I haven't tried playing anywhere else. But everytime I have played a race where I've started with the others the game has crashed shortly after the start. The music keeps playing and the sound keeps going through the same gear again and again but my screen freezes. I've never tried this before in 1.0. I play on a laptop but to me it seems to be a problem in the client.

It should pop up on its own when you crash.

You should get somthing like:

mta_report2.jpg

If you are not registered and logged in it will ask you to login or register on http://center.mtasa.com

If it didn't appear on its own, check to see if you have a file called core.dmp in your GTA San Andreas/mta folder.

Edited by Guest

If you are crashing please report your crash using the error reporter and tell us the ID number you're given. We can then lookup the crash and either see what you're doing wrong (in some cases) or fix it in the future.

There is a small possibility that if you tell us within the next 6 hours or so we can fix it before we provide some non-fileplanet download urls.

It should pop up on its own when you crash.

You should get somthing like:

mta_report2.jpg

If you are not registered and logged in it will ask you to login or register on http://center.mtasa.com

If it didn't appear on its own, check to see if you have a file called core.dmp in your GTA San Andreas/mta folder.

There is no core.dmp

As Liskie said, it freezes. I need to use ctrl-alt-del to kill the process.

During installation, it asks me ot log in, but nothing happens on pressing the log in button. So I press cancel. I am logged in at the center.mtasa.com site. But this doesn't make any error reporting to happen.

I have found the MTA center login exe file, so I am sure I am logged in. But there is no core.dmp. And I don't know if automatic error reporting is attempted or not, because after I kill the process with ctrl-alt-del, no error reporting window appears.

Thanks a lot.

And, as you suspected, it doesn't help.

And I use a notebook too, like Liskie.

The process uses much processor time during the freeze, but not all of it. And the music goes on. But sound effect gets looped up and the screen freezes.

And I cannot find any correlation with anything. It seems to happen randomly. But very often. 10 - 20 seconds after start. Once I could play for 1 minute, but that was an exception.

I got the same problem, the game will freeze after 20-30 sec. I instal that FIX program but it doesn't work. But I played 2 times very well. The admin of the server i played in said if your game freeze then the reason of "kicking" is "client not responding"

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1733/mtascreen00010fn.jpg (LOOK AT THE CHAT)

And I also got a laptop (notebook)

sorry for my english, i'm not really got in it

I got this problem too. I have tried the following to try to figure out why it was happening/how to solve it:

Uninstall MTA with the MTA uninstall.exe, then reinstall -> no result

Apply the patch on the front page -> no result

Run my own server on my home network -> still crashing

My computer is not a laptop like the others, my comp details:

XP pro SP2, fully updated

P4 1,7 ghz

768 mb ram

GeForce 3 64 mb ram driver version 7.1.8.9

4 mbit download/512 kbit upload ADSL

I run the game in 800x600x16, it runs good in singleplayer, and ran good in MTA 1.0 with only a few slowdowns.

What might be the cause of this? I can usually get a playtime from 10 secs - 1 min before it locks down. And, like the others, i dont get any option to report the bug when it crashes because it locks down. This is the message i got from the server log file when it crashed on my own server:

[18:21:45] KICK: Assasinator (127.0.0.1) was kicked (client not responding)

Edit: Just had a 3 min run on the deltaanime server, but when i changed vehicle it locked.. Again. I was the only person on the server. Also, i didnt manage to get it to crash the same way in the map editor.

BTW, I and two other players in my clan have got the CJ smoking thing, but are not getting crashes, so they seem to not be linked

I'm pretty sure everyone gets the CJ smoking/drinking thing. It was a side effect of fixing a bug caused by the newly synced animations.

It crashes here also, first I had problems with the loading (not loading, downloaded the fix, and that was fixed!)

But now I have problems while playing, It crashes after a while and I have to reboot my pc.

In my serverlog I found this:

[21:02:08] KICK: [bF.com]MysterY (*.*.*.*) was kicked (client not responding)

There is no errorlog or what so ever.