[Race 1.1 Bug] Random Lockups

Guest JackC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. The above comment was cold but true.

Anyways, I'm getting really tired of this. Sometimes I can do like three races no problem and then boom, lock up.

WHen I rejoin it'll last like 30 seconds and then another lock up.

I rejoin and it'll last a race and then another lock up.

It's ridiculous, crazy!

MTA is so cool and I'm missing out all the fun. :(

I hope you guys can fix this soon. If you need any info tell me.

As I said in the other thread about this if you're having this problem please come and talk to me in irc (irc.multitheftauto.com #mta), we'll see if we can work out what is causing this as it seems to only happen to a few people but for them its quite an issue, clearly.

Please remember we do our best to fix bugs - our QA testing is increddibly rigorous, but sometimes bugs get through that ruin the game for a small minority of people - even in commercially QA'd games. We do our best, but please remember that if you get this freeze, you're in a minority and we'll do our best to fix it - if you come and talk to us about it. From the information here, we've got nothing to go on.

Edited by Guest

Does anyone who is crashing have file and printer sharing enabled by any chance?

Reason I ask is that event viewer shows that my housemates comp was trying to look for an invalid network share at about the same time as a crash.

It's just a hunch but there have been no crashes since.

Just in case it helps. :D

I too have the same crash and freeze problem.

However, I've noticed when I join a race and do absolutely nothing it may take up to 3 minutes for the freeze occurs. But when I join and start driving the game freezes within 30 secs. I've tried this on several 1.1 servers, even on some where I was the only player.

Hope this helps.

After I installed 1.1 I had the same problems, with the game locking up, music still going, and having to kill the process. Fresh install of MTA did nothing, so I uninstalled MTA and GTA and re-installed them both, since then, no problems.

I still don't know what caused the problem though

The lockups arent random here, they are guaranteed for me to happen within 3 minutes of gameplay and the only way to get out of the lockup is to kill the process, this is a mta problem, not gtasa.

Info:

Intel Centrino 2,0 Ghz

1024 mb ddr2 ram

ati x700 mobile 256mb

gtasa version 1.0 without any other mods besides mtasa

Well my housemates version of 1.1 worked for a good four hours last night after removing an invalid network share, and someone else has had some success by disabling his network (he was using ICS and a crossover for 2nd PC).

So no more crashes for us and no more trouble from 1.1 for us.

Just a thought :wink:

Hey all,Long time lurker,first time poster :D

hey all, sad to say i have the same problem as a alot of others here :?

sometimes it will lock up within 30 sec other times a few min(like every1 else its not a complete lock up can get out of it by killing the process),i dont get the option to upload one of them crash reports either.

ive tried a clean install of both SA and MTA and still nothing, i read the post saying that the "file and printer sharing" shareing might be the problem and ICS,well i both of them runnning so i will give that a go

I too have this lockup problem (I have a feeling it's the cigar/bottle in cj's hand). The only way I get out of it is when I press the windows logo and L (it logs out). Saves me from restarting.

This has been covered. Myself and Dandy Highwayman are running almost identical systems, I was locking up, he was not. So that rules the bottle issue out. As he said, after he sorted out the network share issue I have not had a crash since, aswell as another player on 'MTA:SA dedicated server' with the same problem who can now play without the fear of crashing. Look into this people, it is the solution to all your problems.

:D

Edited by Guest

When i trying to connect on my own server onthe local network it says thats an error has ocurred (erorr code 8) whitout the fix. whit the fix it's crash

I have the same problem as others - gameplay will be fine for 10 seconds, to as long as 300 seconds and then the game will freeze up. (Picture freezes, radio carries on playing, rev sound continues playing the track it was on when gta froze).

The difference with my trouble, is that immediatly after upgrading from v1.0 I had absolutely no troubles at all, but if my memory serves me correctly, after either playing with the map editor, or playing around using the MTA server on the local machine (to get some extra practise on some of the maps), it started freezing (I thought it was the server at first, until I went to use a public server).

As with the other people, the only way to exit is either right clicking the task bar and selecting close, or through task manager (fyi, this is easy for me with dual monitor).

I have tried the updated client.dll from the front page, which makes no difference at all.

Do my symptons ring any bells with the developers?

Hey,

Yes i had that same problem. Wellm i revieved this patch from Summerbase.[nl]. He said he had recieved it from "Edd". It fixes that problem i believe. Well, it did for me and him, had like 1 billion crash's. :P

Download Here --> http://www.mta-xe.com/Client.dll

**Please use this ONLY if you get Crash's

Now, this file goes in "MTA San Andreas\mods\race" and overwrite the old one. Usually the Dir is "C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\race"

This was givin to me by Summerbase.[nl], please let the Credits go to him, though the creator Ed should get it :P

Cya,

[XE]Tommis

Hey,

Download Here --> http://www.mta-xe.com/Client.dll

Although I was somewhat reluctant to install a .dll from an unknown source I still did so and... no more ingame crashes :D

Thanks man!

Maybe someone can tell what's the difference between this .dll and the original? I think it would help the mod guys for the next MTA release :)