[Race 1.1 Bug] Random Lockups

Guest JackC

The Race 1.1 Client seems to be randomly locking up for me. At random times, the game seems to freeze on a single frame for a second or so before resuming back to normal.

Occasionaly, the entire video will freeze (audio continues) - when this occurs, the process needs to be killed.

On a side note, general gameplay seems much smoother! :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game has actually physically locked up for me 4/5 times now. Twice when double-clicking on a server to join.

(AMD Athlon XP 3200, nVidia Geforce FX 550, 1.5GB DDR400 RAM - If this is useful to you)

I haven't had any ''few second lock-ups'', but I've had over 10 complete lock-ups, all of which I had to restart my computer. I am NO WAY IN HELL playing MTASA until a solution is found, because I'm getting tired of restarting all the time. Please fix this bug :(

I haven't had any ''few second lock-ups'', but I've had over 10 complete lock-ups, all of which I had to restart my computer. I am NO WAY IN HELL playing MTASA until a solution is found, because I'm getting tired of restarting all the time. Please fix this bug :(

I can appreciate that you're upset but lets not be so hasty.

Remember the Team are doing this in their own free time, they can't possibly work out all bugs and I'm sure this bug will be fixed in good time. :)

I have encountered this as well, but i do not beleive it is an MTA problem.

San Andreas singleplayer locks up in the same way. Usually after (sometimes long) wait the video driver for my geforce catches the error, and it restarts the driver stack. this brings my game back into action.

on MTA, this causes some weird desyncs though.

I think it could just be the video card overheating.

I have encountered this as well, but i do not beleive it is an MTA problem.

San Andreas singleplayer locks up in the same way. Usually after (sometimes long) wait the video driver for my geforce catches the error, and it restarts the driver stack. this brings my game back into action.

on MTA, this causes some weird desyncs though.

I think it could just be the video card overheating.

But I didn't experience such lockups with 1.0 or Single Player...

For jokes! I'm surprised they didn't give him a dildo in his hand.

Im getting the idea that this has to do something with the freeze. Im no coder but whenever the blunt or bottle appears it doesnt take long to freeze up.

Im not tottaly sure but im gonna play a few more times to see if it really doesnt freeze without the bottle/blunt.

Well, I can officially say that it is not a problem with my graphic card. I tried playing every single game on my computer to see if it crashes, and the only game that ever crashed was MTASA 1.1.

I even reinstalled 1.0 and it didn't crash.

I occasionally play for more than 20 minutes, but it crashes right after.

I'm with PIRAAT, this has to do with the blunt or bottle.

I dunno if this helps but my housemate and I both have very similar rigs:

Shuttle SN85G4v1/ SN85G4 v3

AMD 64 3200/3400+

512/1gb ram

Radeon 9800pro 128mb(both)

SP1/SP2

(mine and his respectively)

He crashes 20secs - few mins into a race and mine works fine. As you can see the only difference btwn our systems is a 512mb ram, a little processor speed and SP2.

Obviously any problems we've had with games in the past has easily been resolved by looking at the differences in software on our sytems and having done this we are stumped at the moment.

We've even tried using a nocd crack on my version and copying my directory wholesale to his computer to check for consistency. Same problem.

Is it SP2 cos I cant see it being the ram difference or the slight difference in our bios?

We both installed over R1.0 in exactly the same manner at the same time.

As I say we eliminated that possibility by copying my directory over to his with the same result.

Also tried lowering settings, getting rid of user files. We pretty much made it so that his system mirrors mine but for the changes listed.

The only software differences are that he's usin different firewall and antivirus. All drivers are the same on both sytems as far as I am aware, but I think the quality settings on his video card might differ.

Can't think of much else...